Group: Specific Diets & Nutrition

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 104, Messages: 22775

With so many diets and nutritional plans out there, you can get lost. Find out what works best for others and share your experiences!

Join group

Which foods are actually the BAD ones?

mwdebz
mwdebz
South Africa
2002/02/24, 12:20 PM
Hi there!
I have recently started an exercise programme, and my goal is to, (as so many women other women), lose weight and tone my body!!
I know in order to do this, I must control my calory intake and I must stick to the healthier foods, but I'm just not sure which ones are the healthy ones!! One article tells you this is good and then the next tells you that it actually isnt!!
Please can you just tell me which foods I should STAY AWAY FROM in order to reach my much desired goal!!
I would really appreciate that!!
Thanks.
From Mwdebz.
ltroisi
ltroisi
United States
2002/02/24, 05:05 PM
I post the good list....bad: sugar, saturated fats, white flour, and processed food you know the JUNK.

Master Food List - You may substitute freely within a category for variety:
I. Proteins-Chicken, tuna, fish, turkey breast, lean beef, egg whites, whole eggs, Egg and Whey Protein, desiccated liver tablets, Mass Amino Acid tablets

II. Complex (Natural) Carbohydrates-This is a risky area. A complex carbohydrate is one that can be fully utilized by the body to be burned as energy. Some good examples are baked potatoes, sweet potatoes, brown rice, cream of rice, rice cakes, oatmeal, kidney and lima beans, corn, lentils, and peas.

III. Fresh Fruits - Apples, apricots, avocados, berries, cantaloupe, cherries, grapefruit, grapes, honeydew melons, nectarines, oranges, papaya, peaches, plums, strawberries. (Unsweetened frozen fruits are acceptable as part of your total fruit intake.)

IV. Non - Starchy Vegetables: asparagus, green beans, cabbage (all varieties), carrots, cauliflower, celery, cucumbers, kale, lettuce (all varieties), onions, peppers (green, red, jalapeno, etc.), radishes, spinach, string beans, squash (summer varieties only), tomatoes, water chestnuts and zucchini.

V. "Healthy" Fats and Oils: Flax seed oil, safflower oil, sunflower oil, walnut oil, olive oil, almonds, Brazil nuts, filberts, pecans, pine nuts, walnuts, heavy cream, real butter, and lecithin granules.

Free Foods for your Fat Burning Plan
Vinegar Diet beverages Lemon juice Decaffeinated coffee Lime juice Mustard
Garlic Iced tea Mushrooms Herbal tea Dry seasonings (Herbal, etc.)scallions Salt Cucumber Pepper Lettuce Sugar-free Jell-O
Citrus peels Sugar-free gum

nbh101
nbh101
United States
2002/02/24, 05:21 PM
Real butter is considered a "Healthy" fat? Wow, I didn't know that. I suppose that does NOT mean I can cover my baked potato in it huh?
roni0906
roni0906
United States
2002/02/24, 11:01 PM
I don't think that would taste very good. As a rule of thumb, if it is consider a junk food, stay away from it. Fruits and veggies of course are great. Lean cuts of meat are good, and if you are a big salad eater, you may want to stick to vinegar dressing vice milky dressings.
Philia2
Philia2
France
2002/02/25, 02:20 AM
Just avoid everything white and with sugar and "hard" (saturated) fat.

But don't forget that everything can turn to fat if you eat too much of it.

--------------
- Nina :o) La vie est toujours aussi belle.....
ltroisi
ltroisi
United States
2002/02/26, 10:34 PM
yeah maybe stick to the teaspoon rule!!!!
mwdebz
mwdebz
South Africa
2002/02/26, 12:39 PM
Thank you so much! I really appreciate your reply and advice! It'll go to good use!
Thanks again!
Mwdebz.
jeccica89
jeccica89
United States
2007/03/13, 07:35 PM
Message deleted by moderator due to unsuitable content for this board.