Group: Competitive Bodybuilding & Fitness

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 21, Messages: 5367

Discuss the process of preparing for a competition on the sport of body building, fitness and more!

Join group

help and advise

isis45uk
isis45uk
United Kingdom
2006/03/23, 11:53 PM
My name is Lee im 5ft8 and weigh 249lbs. one of The problems i have is that i work nights which means i eat after 7pm. My daily diet is-

Get in from work at 7am. Breakfast is bowl of branflakes with semi skimmed milk and a piece of fruit. As i have no way of cooking at work i have my main meal when i get up at about 2pm.
My Main meal will be either a lean pork chop/sholder steak or piece of chicken. With either new potatoes or a jacket potatoe. Also ill have 2 portions of veg (carrorts,green beans or peas)with it. Plus gravey.

Ill take a pack up to work which will have. One wholemeal roll with turkey ham inside. Two sandwhiches with turkey ham inside, a low fat yogurt and 2 peices of fruit.

With working 12 hour night shifts its very hard to not take any food to work with me as im there from 6:30pm to 6:30am. I started off at 265lbs about 6 weeks ago but not its slowed down. Ive just got one of you exersice programs which im due to start on the 27th of march.

Im a bit worried that this will have an affect on the results of the program. and weather the fact that im eating after 7pm will effect my weight lose.
mikencharleston
mikencharleston
United States
2006/03/24, 07:18 PM
When most of us say don't eat many carbs at night it's meant as before bedtime and that obviously doesn't apply to you so take your food. Also whether or not you can cook at work doesn't keep you from preparing items in advance and just taking them to work.

--------------
Mike
in Pensacola Now.
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2006/03/25, 08:01 AM
It doesn't matter that much when you eat if it is still within your calorie requirement for the day, especially when you have a different schedule like yours. eat every 3 hours, lean protein, vegetables and whole grains.

You are losing weight at a good clip, almost 3 pounds a week there. If it slows down, that is natural, as long as you lose a pound a week, that is good. If you stop dropping the pound a week, you need to figureo ut if you are eating too much or too little. But I suspect that once you add in exercise you will see the scale continue to go down ,or at least you will see your waist get smaller, weight isn't always the best indicator that you are losing fat.

--------------

If you have a strong enough why you can bear almost any how.
- Nietzsche