Group: Health Supplements

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 102, Messages: 16613

Supplements can be a great aid with your health and fitness goals. Combined with the proper exercise and nutritional plan they can be quite effective.

Join group

When to start supplements?

typ
typ
United States
2006/03/17, 01:45 PM
I am a bit confused about the whole supplement thing. This is more to just satisfy my curiosity. First, I am not planning on starting anything personally since I am just getting back into working out. Maybe I should, I don't know. However, my question is how do you determine when to start taking them & which to take? Looking at magazines & some websites, you would assume that it is impossible to make any appreciable gains without them. I am assuming that is all hype. I apologize if this shows up twice, but the first was inadvertantly posted. Thanks.
Mojo_67
Mojo_67
United States
2006/03/17, 05:15 PM
You've answered all your own questions within your post. If your just getting back into working out, you don't need supplementation. As far as when and what. You should need nothing until you get to a point well down the line when you are at a standstill. Maybe then introduce creatine. To address the gain issue, don't fall for the hype. Gains come from the kitchen. Eat right, workout hard and get plenty of rest. Supplements do exactly what they say, they "Supplement" good diet and exercise, otherwise, they'd be called "replacements".

--------------
Hungry and mean!
wrestler125
wrestler125
United States
2006/03/18, 01:24 PM
excellent post mojo.

--------------
Iron and chalk.

Pain is only temporary, it is in your mind. If you can still walk, then you can still run.