Group: Injuries & Rehabilitation

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 54, Messages: 4465

Dealing with injuries and learning how to avoid them is extremely important!

Join group

weight gain female lifting weights help!

txblondie5
txblondie5
United States
2006/03/16, 09:53 AM
I haven't been in the forum in ages. I fell out of fitness for about 6 months. Started back in January this year. Anyway my dilemma is this... I started at a new gym, using the eliptical machine, some aerobics classes etc. Got with a trainer female, who had me use weight machines at comfortale weights but only doing one set of 12. Well in the meantime we found a "Boxing Club" and liked it better. So in the club we do boxing bag workouts, cardio kickboxing and power yoga. I taled to a friend who said I needed lighter weight and more reps. Just started this. My problem is everytime I start weight lifting I can't get into my clothes and I put on weight!!! This is frustrating to me and each time before I gave up but I don't want to this time. I am 5"2 weight 200 lbs up from 180. I don't look more than 150 lbs. I am bottom heavy but solid. I want to look fit with some muscle tone but not body builder style. If I keep weight lifting(If I am doing it correctly), will I start to shrink eventually? It has been two months. Yes my eating is not perfect, but I am more aware and don't feel I eat that much at all. I choose salads, wraps, eat protein for breakfast and sugar free protein shakes. My weekend are my weakness and so are sweets. So when hubby brings home Donuts I am totally a slave!!! I need advice and help. I am 32 soon to be 33 and want to actually have a healthy life style and be pleased with my body for once in my life before 40!:(
mikencharleston
mikencharleston
United States
2006/03/16, 12:13 PM
It would take a couple of hours to give you a complete answer but I'll mention a couple of things for you. First, have hubby stop bringing home donuts. If you're a sucker for junk and sweets, it's easier not to eat it if it's not around. Also, as you've hopefully read in so many of the other posts on the same subject, you need to know what you're REALLY taking in as far as calories, carb/fat/protein rations and adjust accordingly. An occassional cheat meal normally won't hurt you but if you're really blowing it on the weekends, you won't get down to where you want to get plus you aren't doing anything to bust a bad trend. Lastly, low weights and high reps isn't doing you a whole lot of good.

--------------
Mike
in Pensacola Now.