Group: Health Supplements

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 102, Messages: 16613

Supplements can be a great aid with your health and fitness goals. Combined with the proper exercise and nutritional plan they can be quite effective.

Join group

supplement clarification

cyberpac9
cyberpac9
United States
2006/03/11, 12:25 PM
came across this site while googling and started reading some of the post on here about supplements, more specifically leukic...i was always of the mindset that proper diet and excercise is better than adding supplements...

i changed my mindset a couple years ago when i heard about andro...now that i have started weightlifting i started to look at supplements again...

i know that andro is no longer available, but didn't it actually work? i mean, i've read that some believe as i did that you can waste your money on these supplements looking for miracle gains but you're just wasting your money...so, did andro really work? if it did work, is there anything available that does work like andro, or is everything just hype?
2006/03/12, 04:17 AM
Yes Andro worked....not specifically sure about legal supplements that can replicate the results....there's DHEA that's a 'pre-hormone'....and it gets converted to andro....

however I strongly suggest you stay away from such supplements....you're a beginner to lifting and will make good gains without it....stick to the basics.....lifting, eating, sleeping, etc right....this supplement is for very experienced consistant lifters.....you need to have an in depth knowledge of properly stacking this supplement as well as pct.....

the only things that you may find useful at this stage are

multivitamin
protein powders(to help fulfill daily protein intake)
fish oil capsules
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2006/03/12, 12:19 PM
Andro was the forerunner if you will of prohormones. It was weak, did not convert well, and most was lost in the gut. As they evolved, as mentioned, prohormones came into being. They worked, but the unintended consequences were and can be pretty drastic. Your body will react at the end of the cycle, and PCT needs to be planned.

DHEA is a precursor to test and estrogen. My research has found that it will actually convert to whichever hormone is more prevalant in the body. It actually can help women more with test than men.

It is however very beneficial as we age...but this is leading into a whole nother post. :)

--------------
Strength and Honor!
cyberpac9
cyberpac9
United States
2006/03/12, 02:20 PM
thanks for the replies...i was just curious, not necessarily considering starting because as you said i'm just starting out...i am taking vitamins and protein powders...

two follow up questions: how would you stack DHEA? i guess what i'm wondering, if i really get into this, where do i turn for info - i shop at GNC and online, but would GNC employees know what to tell me about stacking DHEA? also, what is pct?