Group: Eating Disorders

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 33, Messages: 1316

Find the advice that you need by sharing and learning from others experiences. You're never alone.

Join group

Food and My body ?

jurni
jurni
Canada
2006/02/07, 03:44 PM
K , All my life i have been one of those athletic skinny chicks , who could eat anything at any time and not have to worrie about extra pounds adding on . Now though since i have had my daughter it seems like i am having a hell of a time trying to lose a little extra flab . But heres were im troubled. I dont feel hungry at all till around 4 pm , Literally i cant eat till then ohterwise i feel as if im going to be sick . Once 4 pm comes i then eat . And I mean EAT . i almost eat till again i feel ill . What would help me turn it all around . Also 4 years ago when i entered my 1st comp I started to eat clean and watched my intake . but it made me balloon and feel very self concious . Is it possible that due to my genetics that i may not need a large source of food to accomplish what others may ?. thanks
:surprised:

--------------
Ouch , Awe
Nyxtikal
Nyxtikal
United States
2006/02/07, 03:51 PM
for one you need to force yourself to eat earlier in the day and more frequently. Than one huge meal is what is putting the weight on you. You should be eating 5-6 small meals a day if you want to lose weight.

i dont know about the genetic part of it, but that doesnt sound right to me, you should still need the food so that you have the calories to burn.
mikencharleston
mikencharleston
United States
2006/02/07, 07:33 PM
Genetics have a lot to do with body disposition but you're eating one huge meal which is being mostly stored as fat. Nyx is right. You said you've trained for comps before so it's obvious you know the answers, you just haven't figured out the right questions yet. :) You do need to do what you know how to do... it's just a matter of discipline and getting back to it again.

--------------
Mike
in Pensacola Now.
Mojo_67
Mojo_67
United States
2006/02/07, 11:06 PM
I see where both nyx and Mike are coming from, but don't want to venture in too much further than either of them already has. You should definitly be eating more than just one big meal a day, making your bdy survive on one meal is not healthy. You have to nail down a strict diet if your "trying to lose that little extra flab", that's the only way it's going to happen.
As far as feeling ill trying to eat before 4pm and even after you eat at 4pm, that could be because like you mentioned in your other post, maybe your unhappy and just can't bring yourself to eat all day until your at the point where your body is just going FEED ME!
Ya see, I'm doing it anyway, venturing in where I probably shouldn't be, but I gotta say it...Could you be carrying another? Please...ladies...I know...I'm a stupid stupid man, thank you, go ahead, slap me, that's what I'm here for.

--------------
Seize the day!
flyonthewall
flyonthewall
Canada
2006/02/08, 09:27 AM
Funny Mojo...that's was my first thought as well:big_smile:
Mojo_67
Mojo_67
United States
2006/02/09, 06:19 AM
Thanks fly...that's definitly a load off!

--------------
Seize the day!