Group: Injuries & Rehabilitation

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 54, Messages: 4465

Dealing with injuries and learning how to avoid them is extremely important!

Join group

Rolled ankle

LukasRL
LukasRL
United States
2006/02/02, 01:24 AM
I rolled my ankle playing Wallyball a form of vollyball today. it swelled up pretty big... i dont want to lose the progress i have already put in. now since its a bit hard to walk should i like cut my calories some and just do more weight training?
2006/02/06, 10:47 AM
Hope you started icing it right away that can cut your recovery time in half....

48 hours after, I would apply heat to the area....apply menthol/camphor and massage area lightly, then wrap the area semi tight and elevate your leg as much as possible...

It's better to eat slightly more not less....your body is fighting hard to recover from the injury so it needs MORE not less calories....just focus on nutritious sources of food....I would slightly increase protein intake, slightly decrease carbs, and slightly increase healthy fats during this time....

If possible try to lift weights while recovering, substitute exercises to avoid injured area...
LukasRL
LukasRL
United States
2006/02/06, 01:19 PM
Thanks so much menace. Its getting better... because like you siad i iced it right away... but im going to give it probley 3 or 4 more healing days before i start doing any type of joggging