Group: Injuries & Rehabilitation

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 54, Messages: 4465

Dealing with injuries and learning how to avoid them is extremely important!

Join group

Odd Sensation??

sstump1
sstump1
United States
2006/01/11, 08:49 AM
Well I was doing One Legged Standing Calf Raises this morning. Did a light stretch and then went to it. Got about half way through a set of 8 with 60 lbs on my shoulders (it's a standing machine with the pads that rest on the shoulders). When I was on the push movement (heel in the air) I suddenly felt a pop in my Achilles tendon, hopped off and waited a sec and there was no pain or discomfort. Got up to do another set, this time with less weight to be cautious and while I did feel a subsequent lighter pop there was no pain or discomfort and I had full mobility. After I finished up I had a cool sensation around my Achille where I felt the pop. Finished up with my other sets and was finished for the day. So I headed to the locker room where I kind of poked around at it afterwards just to see if there was some tenderness and there was nothing.

I've had a ganglion cyst in my wrist before and have popped it (by applying pressure) and usually get a cool rush afterwards. Could this be all it was? It's about an hour later and there's still a slight cool sensation, but nothing else.

I figure if I make it through the afternoon or tomorrow morning with no discomfort I'm probably in the clear.

Has anyone had this happen to them? Any suggestions?