Group: Under 25 Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 647, Messages: 8009

Everyone 25 years of age and under are encouraged to join this group to share common goals, stories and encouragement with their goals.

Join group

Please...Help me Help Myself!

nikky31
nikky31
United States
2006/01/08, 04:02 AM
Im 16 from a very small town and no trasportation to a gym. I have small weights at home and im working out there. I want to lose weight. Im at 180 and im 5'3. Im overweight and trying to do something about it. Im following the plan and i was just wondering are there any special diets specific workouts or just tips in general that would help me get the results im working for? ANYTHING IS APPRECIATED !!!:)

--------------
`~!-* nIkKy *-!~`
7707mutt
7707mutt
United States
2006/01/08, 09:13 AM
Diets as in cutting calories is not always a good thing. By that cutting them to low can actually retard the weight loss. That said, you do need to lower them a bit to loose the weight. 500 calories a day for 7 days equals 1 lb lost. 1-2 lbs a week is a safe loss amount. HOWEVER becareful of cutting them to low to speed this up as you will losed muscle and that is bad. There is a nutrition board here that has a list of foods that you can use to help out. Just eat 4-5 good meals a day and weight train as well as some cardio and you should be good. Also at first you may drop weight and that is a great thing. I always tell new people this; Remember that you are trying to lower the bodyfat and increase the lean muscle you have. So while you may lose body weight there may be a time that you actually gain. However this is not always a bad thing. What is usually happening is that you are trading fat for muscle. So, you ask, why AM I gaining? Simple. 1lb of fat and 1lb of muscle whiling weighing the same take up different room. Think of it this way, A 5 lb bag of sugar and a 5 lb bag of potatos weight the same but the sugar takes up way less space. Muscle is like the sugar, and fat like the potatos. Hope this helps!

--------------
Less Talk, More Chalk!
The Men and Boys are Separated by one thing: The Squat Cage!

7707mutt@freetrainers.com