Group: Specific Diets & Nutrition

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 104, Messages: 22775

With so many diets and nutritional plans out there, you can get lost. Find out what works best for others and share your experiences!

Join group

cravings

I_sly
I_sly
United Kingdom
2000/12/11, 05:02 PM
I am constantly hungry. No matter if I drink a ton of H2O with my meal of not and no matter how often I eat. I have to be carful because I tend to overeat. I am not at all fatty but I have potential. How can I curb my cravings?
george
george
Canada
2000/12/11, 06:51 PM
Hello,

You seem to have a very fast metabolism. Something which you may try is to increase your caloric intake, this will slow your metabolism down temporarily. The extra calories will not translate into increase body weight since your metabolic rate is high. I would recommend a 10% increase at first and see what happens!

Thanks for your feedback,
George.

Train hard, stay strong.
Adrian
Adrian
Switzerland
2000/12/11, 08:10 PM
Another thing you can try is Chromium Picolonate. Chromium is supposed to regulate your insulin levels, keeping them from dropping too low (that's when you get hungry).. so it's basically an apetite supressor... I haven't done too much research on that but I'm sure you'll find a lot of info on the net if you look into it for a few minutes..
Susina
Susina
Bangladesh
2000/12/14, 02:59 AM
Drink Grapefruit juice!!

If your not gaining weight....then dont worry!
As long as your eating healthy....enjoy it all!
AIovino
AIovino
United States
2000/12/17, 07:26 PM
Try cutting down on your carbohydrate intake. Eat complex carbs early in the day and gradually decrease. Your evening meal should cosist of a good high protien source with fiberous carbs, (broccoli, cauliflower etc.) Do not eat carbs from white flour or products containing sugar. Eat 5 to 6 small meals per day. Also, chew your food slowly until it liquifies in your mouth. Drink 16 oz. of distilled water before a meal.
Dvdgstwrt
Dvdgstwrt
United States
2000/12/29, 12:13 PM
Hello I_sly,

Firstly, hunger means that you body needs fuel. If you were a car, and didn't have suffecient petrol, how long would you run? The same thing applies with the human body.

You have potential for fat, most people do. However, you need to eat. I want to strongly suggest that you go to your local library and check out the following book:

“Bodystat” by Eric Witt, Ph.D. and Carol Wirth. Published by Penguin Books

You will find in this book how to eat more with out gaining fat. You'll also learn how important it is to eat. Please read this book. Cheers
tt_rocker
tt_rocker
Saudi Arabia
2001/01/10, 12:07 PM
I have that same problem....you can't stop that appetite from catching up sometimes...but try this if at any time you do become hungry..go 4 something that won't get u feelin' bad later on like fruits and great sources of protien which include fish, (un)skinned chicken (& not at KFC), or something like turkey.

just stay away from all those fatty foods like red meat.