Group: Health Supplements

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 101, Messages: 16612

Supplements can be a great aid with your health and fitness goals. Combined with the proper exercise and nutritional plan they can be quite effective.

Join group

Could whey pro or glutamine give acne?

waywardryan
waywardryan
United States
2005/11/30, 09:51 PM
I've noticed that since I started taking glutamine (it seems like) my skin has gotten dryer and more prone to breaking out. Is it something else or could it be the glutamine?

Any thoughts?
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2005/12/01, 12:09 PM
I know of nothing in glutamine that should cause that. You may investigate other avenues of your dietary intake if this is a new occurance.

--------------
If you don't stand for something, you will fall for anything....

2005/12/02, 04:58 AM
possibly whey...

http://allergies.about.com/cs/milk/a/aa082399.htm

'Symptoms
The symptoms of milk protein allergy can manifest in the skin, the digestive system, or the respiratory system.

Skin reactions may include an itchy red rash, hives, eczema, allergic "shiners" (black eyes), and swelling of lips, mouth, tongue, face or throat.

Digestive system reactions might include nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, gas, bloating, or abdominal cramps.

Respiratory system reactions include runny nose, sneezing, watery eyes, itchy eyes, nasal congestion, wheezing, shortness of breath, or coughing; or even anaphylactic shock.

'
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2005/12/02, 11:47 AM
Good post Menace....especially so if it is a concentrate, or at least a decent portion of it.

--------------
If you don't stand for something, you will fall for anything....

mikencharleston
mikencharleston
United States
2005/12/02, 06:02 PM
I'm wondering if the whey processing doesn't eliminate something that milk still retains. I'm obviously no youngun but did have the occasional breakout but I quit drinking milk about a year ago and haven't had anything since.

--------------
Mike
in Pensacola Now.
waywardryan
waywardryan
United States
2005/12/02, 11:18 PM
It isn't milk doing it to me because I drink milk constantly (latte addict). Actually glutamine is known to have a rare side affect of causing skin irritation, I googled it pretty extensivly and it seems if not common not unheard of. I stopped taking it 2 days ago and I'm already clearing up.

maxcdc
maxcdc
Belgium
2005/12/17, 04:40 PM
Are you eatin' the yellow stuff in the egg (don't know how you call that).
I say that because i use to have acnea then i quit eatin the yellow stuff and know... my face is like a baby ass :d
studlymaster
studlymaster
United States
2007/08/14, 05:51 PM
I saw this when I was doing a search on the same thing...Ive noticed that I'm breaking out and I've started taken glutamine recently. I'm also taking whey, but I have read that taking glutamine has been shown to increase Growth Hormone by over %400. Some people say the studies aren't accurate, but wouldn't growth hormone give you acne? I haven't had acne in years....now all of a sudden I do.

============
Quoting from waywardryan:

I've noticed that since I started taking glutamine (it seems like) my skin has gotten dryer and more prone to breaking out. Is it something else or could it be the glutamine?

Any thoughts?
=============