Group: Competitive Bodybuilding & Fitness

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 21, Messages: 5367

Discuss the process of preparing for a competition on the sport of body building, fitness and more!

Join group

Weight Gain

lmelchior
lmelchior
United States
2005/11/18, 03:04 PM
I have been lifting pretty much 6 days a week soild for the past 3 months. When I started I was 122lbs now in the last month have gained 5lbs. I have been taking Whay protein and I have gotten a lot stronger. 1RM when I started was 115 now it is 140. So I have gained a tone of strength and am assuming my 5 lbs is due to muscle. Question is if I keep taking protein will I keep gaining weight? I don't want to gain more weight now I want to lean up. Never taken a fat burner but thinking about? Any recommendations or comments on them?
Jdelts
Jdelts
United States
2005/11/18, 06:07 PM
Weight gain is all about the calories and the way you take those calories in. Whey protein is not going make you gain weight. If you gained 5 pounds of lean muscle mass in the last 3 months, then you will probably taper off a bit in the weight gain area. One important point is that you gained 5 pounds of lean muscle NOT 5 pounds of fat! It doesn't matter what the scale says, its how you feel mentally and physically. Lean muscle is good weight to put on. I see alot of women who get scared off by the weight gain of leam muscle and its an absolute shame. Building that muscle will raise your resting metabolism and tap into fat stores as fuel during your workouts. Maintaining a regimine of 5-6 small healthy meals per day is a great way to boost metabolism and maintain leam muscle.
Remember, alot of first time lifters make great gains their first few months of working out. Don't expect to get bigger and bigger at the rate you are going now. Usually after such a gain, females typically can gain 1/2 lbs. of muscle per month...males 1/2-1lbs.
Good luck to you and don't worry about that damn scale.

--------------
Shut up and grow.

Thank God I don't have to got through another year of the Yankees winning the World Series.