Group: Competitive Bodybuilding & Fitness

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 21, Messages: 5367

Discuss the process of preparing for a competition on the sport of body building, fitness and more!

Join group

Bulking up

dendys
dendys
United States
2005/11/02, 02:51 PM
Getting ready for a show means it's time to bulk up and I hate it. I like to be lean, but I know in order to cut I have to have something to cut. Any suggestions?
kakaroto
kakaroto
El Salvador
2005/11/03, 09:53 AM
bulk doesnt mean get fat.
you need to know how to bulk.

go check the grocery list for bodybuilders in this site and whatever is there eat it as much as you like.
eat helthy and you will be fine.
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2005/11/03, 11:58 AM
Getting ready for a show does not mean time to bulk up, unless it is a year or more away maybe.

Bulking is an art, as well as cutting. There are different types of bulk, dirty bulk(where you just gain as much weight as humaly possible), a clean bulk, where you eat very clean, just increase your calories, and the combination. Be aware, that the more sheer mass you put on in a shorter time, the more chance much of it will be fat, and any muscle gain that accompanied it will probably be lost anyway in the cutting process.

The choice is yours, might I suggest a lean bulk/hardening on off cycle? Bulk for instance for 10-12 weeks, then do a hardening phase for maybe 4 weeks or as long as you feel you need. This will help to keep those nasty love handles at bay, and also give an idea to you when you do cut for the show how your body responds, and time length, etc.

--------------
If you don't stand for something, you will fall for anything....

bb1fit@freetrainers.com
dendys
dendys
United States
2005/11/03, 05:26 PM
Increase my calories is a slow process, yes? Now to be honest I am a cardio junky. I love to cycle, I even teach it now. Also the whole carb thing, back to sweet potatoes and brown rice, and lets not forget oatmeal, yes?
Being natural is so much harder, I know, but more rewarding and of course, healthier. I guess I just need motivation to change my mind set. Being a chick and all, lean is sexy.
Thanks
Dendy
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2005/11/05, 11:56 AM
Lean is pretty sexy as a male also. Ask most women. They like muscle tone, but not too bulky.

--------------
If you don't stand for something, you will fall for anything....

bb1fit@freetrainers.com
dendys
dendys
United States
2005/11/09, 03:24 PM
I'm adjusting to my new work-out. My husband is in his glory as he gets to tell me what to do. The eating more thing is slowly getting better, actual I am needing more calories to sustain the heavier weights, so I don't look like a p---- in front of Mr.Man. My back is feeling the dead lifts but as I always say "tell the mind and the body will follow"...that's me about now.
Talk to you later
Dendy