Group: Eating Disorders

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 33, Messages: 1316

Find the advice that you need by sharing and learning from others experiences. You're never alone.

Join group

Educated eating disorder

dendys
dendys
United States
2005/10/25, 02:52 PM
After suffering for 17 years with an eating disorder and just wanting to die, I reached out and asked for help. First I joined a twelve-step program and arrested my childhood demons, learning my triggers and giving my parents back all the shame and guilt, then I continued working out with a trainer. I learned everything I could about eating right. What are carbs, proteins and fat do to my body and how to use them for good. I am now 9 years into my recovery and I am so happy. I'm still aware of my trigger foods and very aware I have a mental disorder that I have to nuture daily. For any one suffering out there please reach out and just ask for help. No one needs to suffer like I did for so many years. I will be available to share my experience, strenght and hope with anyone who asks. God Bless.
stellababy
stellababy
United States
2005/10/25, 08:16 PM
I've looked it up and I have a lot of the signs of depression. Having dealt with an alcoholic mother for nine years, then being abonded by her to my father who is disabled and can't do much for himself, seeing them in and out of jail, my mother pushing her way back into my life, and a BUNCH of other stuff like that about my whole family, it really doesn't suprise me.

I've told people, they think I'm lying. You see, my older half sister just came out of recovery for depression and they think I just want attention. That's not what it is, and I can't get professional without my parents because of-well, I don't know anymore-SOMETHING they said.:(

I don't know WHAT to do...

--------------
quote Marva Collins:\"Excellence is not an act but a habit. The things you do most are the things you will do best.\"
:)
stellababy
stellababy
United States
2005/10/25, 08:17 PM
By the way, I'm here trying to lose weight because depression causes me to overeat, but it's kind of hard when I'm still depressed...

--------------
quote Marva Collins:\"Excellence is not an act but a habit. The things you do most are the things you will do best.\"
:)
dendys
dendys
United States
2005/10/26, 03:14 PM
Depression has been explained to me as anger turned inside out. When we have been dragged up, not brought up by our sick parents we have deep rooted pain. When we realize we are not responsible for our parents problems, such as alcoholsim and abondment issues we can free ourselves. Unfortunatly we are the fruits of their so called labor. Yes, that sucks. The good news is we can give it back and become responsible for our own recover. A slow , but worthy gift to onself.You are are worthy and a valuable person. Just believe you are not your parents or sister, you are you...NOW EMBRASS YOURSELF WITH LOVE.
nikkilind
nikkilind
United States
2005/11/08, 09:27 PM
Wow, what profound comments... :love:
dendys
dendys
United States
2005/11/09, 02:06 PM
Tell the mind and the body will follow. Today life is worth living. To all my friends thanks for being you and most of all thanks for being here for me.

Dendy
liloclio
liloclio
South Africa
2006/08/21, 12:29 PM
Hi Dendy, I started training seriously a couple of months back and i find that the leaner i'm getting, the worse my bulemia is getting. Do u have any comments :(
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2006/08/21, 02:46 PM
As you get leaner, when you get too lean, hormonal disruption is reality. Add to this your "problem", and you need to quit dieting for a while.

--------------
Maximus from Gladiator....Strength and Honor!