Group: Competitive Bodybuilding & Fitness

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 21, Messages: 5367

Discuss the process of preparing for a competition on the sport of body building, fitness and more!

Join group

I am finally getting to where I want...

musclechic82
musclechic82
United States
2005/09/25, 11:18 PM
I am finally getting to where I want to be. I finally have a nice hard body, nice firm muscles, nice leg muscles, but just have to work on my abs, oh and a nice hard back.:cool:

--------------
Jen
bropie
bropie
Canada
2005/09/26, 08:44 AM
congrats.. keep up the good work, and im sure you'll succeed :)
musclechic82
musclechic82
United States
2005/09/26, 11:21 PM
What is the best exercise for working the abs? I've been told to use a body ball but I think they are uncomfortable. I've been doing tummy crunches and still no results. I workout at home because I can't afford a gym membership so I'm kind of limited on things and also space.:dumbbell:

--------------
Jen
bropie
bropie
Canada
2005/09/27, 07:52 AM
there is no universal exercise for abs. its like any other bodypart.. you need multiple exercises to hit all parts effectively. look into training the rectus abdominus, transverse abdominus, obliques, and spinal erectors to get a well developed midsection. diet is also a HUGE factor in showing your abs. I've said before that you can do crunches till you're blue in the face, butif your diet is lax, don't expect to see any of the work you've done.
timmstar
timmstar
Australia
2005/10/06, 06:22 AM
abs r no different to any other muscle to train them the same way u did with the rest. you got to find a exercise that is best to suit your body, however diet will play a major roll in getting them abs showing, give it time and dedication you'll get there
musclechic82
musclechic82
United States
2005/10/08, 12:10 AM
:dumbbell:I finally found something I'm good at. It's about time. I enjoy the feel of adrenaline pumping through my veins after a vigerous exercise, it feels good. I noticed that I am starting to get results with my abs. I'm skinny so I figured that shouldn't had been that hard but I found out that I have to work them every day.

--------------
Jen
arondaballer
arondaballer
United States
2005/10/08, 11:57 AM
Yes abs can be so challenging to get if you don't have the genetics. I am extremely active with basketball and my love for working out, and I really well for the most part, but I have only seen my abs for maybe two periods where I was the most cut EVER. I just don't have the genetic ABS that it seems like some very gifted people can get easily. Just keep at it, stay disciplined, and you can get them.

--------------
I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle-victorious.
--Vince Lombardi
"Decide what you want, decide what you are willing to exchange for it. Establish your priorities and go to work." H. L. Hunt

arondaballer
arondaballer
United States
2005/10/08, 11:57 AM
and I eat really well** is what I meant to say

--------------
I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle-victorious.
--Vince Lombardi
"Decide what you want, decide what you are willing to exchange for it. Establish your priorities and go to work." H. L. Hunt

dendys
dendys
United States
2005/10/25, 03:09 PM
Abs are the true test for correct eating. We can see them with a great diet and cardio. I find them to pop when I train my abs weighted every other day. Lower, using a 10lb dumb-bell between my feet and doing kneeups or hanging leg raises(no weight). My uppers I use a decline beach, hold a 10lb weight and crunch half up, then peek contract in the center of the movement. Also on a mat I do intercostal work by crossing over and reaching the opposite knee and finish with side crunches. Abs are the finishing touch to a beautiful body. Consistency is the key for me.