Group: Under 25 Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 647, Messages: 8009

Everyone 25 years of age and under are encouraged to join this group to share common goals, stories and encouragement with their goals.

Join group

the title of this board...

Kalanchoe
Kalanchoe
United Kingdom
2005/09/13, 07:50 AM
makes me feel too old to be here. I'm 22 and don't feel as though I need to speak to people my age or younger. I mean I don't think there is a need for the title to say '25'. I would say '18' would be a better age for the title.

So, those of you between 18-25, what are your thoughts?

--------------
each to their own
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2005/09/13, 10:28 AM
whats it matter? You can still go in and out of any "room" you want.

peopel who are older will usualy comment anyways, honestly i'd rather have somone a lil older comment on my question.

Why?

More expierance, more wisdom on the subject.

If I ask a question how to get better in a paticular lift, do I want an answer from aguy thats 16 and been working out 3 months? OR the guy thats been working out for 5 years? Who might be a little older?

However i'm not saying all 16 years old don't know what they are talking about. There are some on here ( wrestler to name one) are very knowledgable.

So when it comes down to it.....whats it matter? Women post in mens forum, men post in womens forum, people ask bodybuilding questions in powerlifting forum.

--------------
Friends don\'t let friends squat high...

People don\'t reach thier true potental, only those who seek it.
Kalanchoe
Kalanchoe
United Kingdom
2005/09/13, 10:42 AM
It just seems like a really high age to put down as being the title of a forum for young people. No issue, just an observation.
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2005/09/13, 04:58 PM
We almost have to paint with "broad strokes" with forums. If there was a forum for every single age group, would be much more difficult to maintain for starters. And then there is an issue of server space, etc. You will fit in fine here, most relay there age in the forum. Plenty of folks your age.:big_smile:

--------------
If you don't stand for something, you will fall for anything....

bb1fit@freetrainers.com
synthetika
synthetika
Australia
2005/09/14, 01:47 AM
As a 21y.o., I don't think that it is too broad... besides, there are that many rooms that if I wanted to ask something on a more 'adult' level I could just jump into another room that suited the question.

I do object to the describing of all under-25's as 'teenagers' in the forum description, though :big_smile:

--------------
-------
My site: http://synthetika.info
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2005/09/15, 03:40 PM
It says "younger crowd under 25"? How that saying ...teen?

--------------
Friends don\'t let friends squat high...

People don\'t reach thier true potental, only those who seek it.
2005/09/15, 03:49 PM
Everybody is free to post on any board that they wish. It helps if you make your post in the appropriate board. I think they are designated with their names to guide everybody to where they will find their answer quickest. I have no idea where the teen thing came from.

--------------
Sometimes life is like herding cats.

Charlie