Group: Under 25 Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 647, Messages: 8009

Everyone 25 years of age and under are encouraged to join this group to share common goals, stories and encouragement with their goals.

Join group

DO u find eating healthy is death??!?!?

Elle16
Elle16
Australia
2005/08/31, 05:50 AM
grrrrrrrrrrrrrgrgr everyday i eat healthy but by 6:00 im totally craving fatty foods.. however no matter how much fat i consume i dont get passed a size 10... this confuses me greatly...... ne way is it ok to consume tranz fats but then burn them off?? or will they still have a effect on u???????:surprised::surprised::surprised::surprised::surprised:
raulduke
raulduke
United States
2005/08/31, 07:18 AM
Trans fats cannot be burned off. They are stored in soft tissue which regenerates every couple of years, so the only way you lose their detrimental effects is to stop eating them.

--------------
The strong shall stand, the weak will fall by the wayside.

Res ipsa loquitur
2005/08/31, 11:22 AM
I used to be same way...fried fooods....
pizza...etc...amazing how our bodies deal with all that crap...now after eating healthy for most of the time...i literally get sick and nauseous from eating unhealthy foods....i occassionately have to hang out with friends or boss and they go to asian restraunts....I get sick from the oils and fried stuff...and god knows what else in the food there....so do I miss it? hell no....like a pavlovian dog....I learned my lesson...do i still eat some foods that may not be that great...yes...very rarely when i don't think things through...
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2005/08/31, 11:27 AM
To gain weight, you must eat over maintenance calories. If you are not gaining, then you must be at maintenance, or very close. You need to increase caloric intake, bottom line. Trans fat will not do it for you, may in fact kill you in the long run.

--------------
If you don't stand for something, you will fall for anything....

bb1fit@freetrainers.com
2005/08/31, 12:49 PM
I have been trying to find info online about how our body processes trans fats and haven't found what I wanted....if someone finds something....please post it...thanks
ksmith2474
ksmith2474
United States
2005/08/31, 01:16 PM
Menace...you couldn't find it because our bodies can't process it...here's an article I found for you...

The Dangers of Trans Fats
Manufactured hydrogenated oils, which your body cannot digest, are a serious risk to heart health.

Many Americans are still unaware that the most grossly harmful heart-health trend of the last century was the gradual replacement of healthy natural fats with foods such as margarine. Many margarines are formed by hydrogenating or partially hydrogenating oil, forming fats never found in nature. Called trans fats—they are manufactured by heating vegetable oils at a high temperature and bombarding them with hydrogen gas to form more stable oils. The process creates trans fats constructed of twisted, unnatural molecules that the body cannot process. The food industry sticks these hydrogenated and partially hydrogenated oils into virtually all baked goods and other junk food.

The reasons are economic ones. Unlike butter, olive oil or other natural fats, trans fats have shelf life from now till doomsday. Walter Willett, M.D., chairman of the department of nutrition at the Harvard School of Public Health, was coauthor of a 1993 report on the 75,521 women who were tracked in the Harvard Nurses Study. Women with a high intake of trans fats were 1½ times more likely to develop coronary heart disease than women with a low intake of these so-called “foods.” Clearly this was not only due to the deleterious effects of eating junk food. For many people, the real shocker in this study was the statistic that women who ate the equivalent of four or more teaspoons of margarine per day had a 66 percent greater risk of heart disease than women who ate little or no margarine. But when it comes to butter, this vast study found no association between its consumption (in any amount) and the probability of contracting heart disease1.

Willett's report is shocking only if you have not had an eye on the research. Other scientists have demonstrated that while saturated fat (fats that are solid at room temperature, such as butter or the fat marbling a steak) has both good and bad effects on cholesterol levels, the effects of trans fatty acids are purely negative. Research also has shown that lipoprotein(a), one of the more damaging forms of chemical substances in cholesterol, consistently increases as a result of eating trans fatty acids2.

The Food and Drug Administration has mandated trans fats be listed on the Nutrition Facts panel of all food labels by January 2006. Then, although foods may still contain these dangerous fats, you could choose to not purchase them. If enough consumers reject these foods, manufacturers will have to change their formulations.

In addition to boycotting junk foods, you should avoid cooking with most margarines (there are a few trans fat free-formulas) or vegetable shortening (that white, creamy stuff that comes in a can). Butter, olive oil and lard worked very well for our heart-healthy ancestors. Or if you find it difficult to resume eating saturated fat, use olive, canola or grape seed oil.

raulduke
raulduke
United States
2005/08/31, 01:23 PM
Try this one on Menace, it's a little more descriptive about what happens with this stuff in your body:

http://www.healthcastle.com/trans_scam.shtml

--------------
The strong shall stand, the weak will fall by the wayside.

Res ipsa loquitur
2005/09/02, 09:37 AM
thank you that's exactly what I wanted to know...