Group: Competitive Bodybuilding & Fitness

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 21, Messages: 5367

Discuss the process of preparing for a competition on the sport of body building, fitness and more!

Join group

Enough calories?

lawnguy
lawnguy
United States
2005/08/24, 03:13 PM
I had a sandwich with lean deli style meat on it. And about a cup of cottage cheese this morning. Then for lunch I had a grilled cheeseburger, 1-1/2 cup noodles. For dinner I will have 2 cups spaghetti with some salad. I have lost a lot of weight and want to gain muscle without the gain of fat. I am predispositioned to gain fat so I have to be careful with that. I cardio 5-7 times a week and lift heavy for 5 days. Am I getting enough calories? Thanks.
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2005/08/25, 07:24 AM
I would eat more frequently. We cannot determine your calorie needs, too many variables, don't know your current weight, activity rate, and even then a guess. Anyway, it is usually best to eat some protein at least every 3 hrs. or so. This keeps metabolism revving, the flow of muscle building protein coming in(your body cannot store protein), and will give more sustained energy. If you are training hard, these extra calories will be needed and will not go to fat. A small bit of carbs/fats are alos needed.

--------------
If you don't stand for something, you will fall for anything....

bb1fit@freetrainers.com
lawnguy
lawnguy
United States
2005/08/25, 04:57 PM
I will try to eat more frequently, but as I said, I am concerned about getting fat again. I lift about five times a week and cardio around 6-8 times. I am a Marine so fitness is imperative to my job. I was taking protein shakes but I don't like the taste and the cleanup. (kind of lazy). I am trying to find a good protein bar that tastes good. Good luck, huh? Anyway, thanks for the advice. I weigh 145lbs and am 66" tall. I feel this is pretty close to where I should be. Take care and happy training.
mikencharleston
mikencharleston
United States
2005/08/25, 07:03 PM
Check out the recipe forum. I haven't looked for them recently but there is a gaggle of recipes for home made protein bars. A search will turn them up either way. Of course since you said you're lazy....... :) Just for the record I find it hard to believe (and I know dozens) that a marine is lazy. :)

--------------
Mike
in Pensacola Now.
dendys
dendys
United States
2005/10/24, 07:01 PM
Found the best protein bar I have ever tasted. B2B bars. They are all natural, perfect ratios and designed by a bodybuilder and powerlifter. I tried them at Olympia 05 and can purchase them on Bodybuilding.com for cheap. So to keep the metabolism going through out the day I found these protein bars to be the perfect food supplement.
They taste like real food without a funky after taste. You have to try them. B2B bars.