Group: Health & Fitness over 40

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 206, Messages: 2480

Group dedicated to men and women over the age of 40 that care about their health and want to take the fitness and nutrition down the right path.

Join group

49 and Need All The Help I Can Get!

bgerstenslager
bgerstenslager
United States
2005/06/13, 11:41 AM
Hi All,
I am a 49 year old female and started dieting a little over a year ago. I have lost over 40 pounds in that time, and just began modivating enough to get a trim, tone body!
I have been walking and low grade exercising for about a month now, but want to tone with weights, swiss exercise ball and any other way I can!
I am new here, and once I can get around and see what this forum and site, is all about, I am going to pay for more benefits.
But, right now I need help with people my own age to fiqure out what I can do, what I should do, and what I am not capible of doing!!!:laugh::laugh:
Thanks for all the help that is offered, and I hope to get to know many here on this forum. It seems like the place to be for solid support!
Thanks!:)
BRenda
2005/06/13, 12:26 PM
Brenda, as long as you don't have health problems. I have made what I consider to be great gains after 50. See profile. My recovery time isn't what it was at 30 but I'm a shit load smarter!!:big_smile: So I guess it's a good trade off. Go for it. Eat for it. Lift heavy. It took me a long time to convinve my wife to lift heavy but now she's glad I did.

We have a 10,000 pound cabin cruiser we stay on 3 or 4 days a week. A month or two ago I ran it aground in a rice fiels near Charleston. :big_smile: I got out into the hip deep mud and pushed for about an hour in the 45 degree water. I managed to move it about 15 feet. Well, my girl jumped in and helped me push. Ask me if I'd marry her again 10 times over. Anyway, we got it out of the mud after 3 hours pushing. The alternative would have been waiting 12 to 18 hour for a tow. I'm glad we both lift heavy.

--------------
If I had a boat,
Id go out on the
ocean. If I had a pony ;
Id ride it on my boat.

Very soon

Charlie
bgerstenslager
bgerstenslager
United States
2005/06/13, 01:06 PM
Thanks Charlie! Quite a story, and pretty inspiring too!
Good Luck to you and your girl!! Sounds like you both are going great with the lifting!:)
Thanks again Charlie!
Brenda
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2005/06/18, 08:19 PM
Welcome to the crowd Brenda. Congrats on the 40lb loss.

--------------
Scales are for dead weight: We are not dead yet!
Still trying to find out how to do the Hollywood Free Press.

Ivan

Montreal Canada