Group: Injuries & Rehabilitation

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 54, Messages: 4465

Dealing with injuries and learning how to avoid them is extremely important!

Join group

Shoulder injury. Don't know what?

arturovargas
arturovargas
United States
2005/06/07, 03:16 PM
I felt it first when I was doing the military press. A tightness at the outer front of my shoulder.
The first couple of days I felt little to no pain but alot of discomfort and restlessness. The discomfort and restlessness have subsided some but now my shoulder feels dramaticaly weaker. I know the muscle is not weaker but It feels like it is. The particular muscle or tendon, maybe, is strained, I don't know. Please help. First time ever having this problem. How do I treat and for how long? Can I still work out? FRUSTRATED :(.

--------------

Stop, Breath, Smile.
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2005/06/07, 10:46 PM
1st off what ever you did don't do it again....rest it for a week.

do some light light work to rehab it........when I rehab somthing thats strained or pulled......I use really super light weight and find a range of motion that slightly hurts/discomforts it.

I strained a bicep tendon a while back......and found that pretcher curls "hurt" it......so I used very light db's and cables and used 5lbs.......and worked on stretching it, and contracting it.....mainly just to get blood flow to it.

More than likly you was using too much weight, for that given amount of reps.

The shoulder has alot of mobility.....the most of anyjoint.....however this mobility makes it unstable and easly hurt.

What i'd do for my shoulder workouts...warm up howeve ryou like........start off doing some rot. cuff work.....loosing the shoulders up.....

Then I'd do some up right rows.....with weight and reps you like.

Then when I start to military press.....try not use a bench or sit that make syou body 90degrees.....you idealing like a slight angle....80 to 85.......this will make sure you back is in contact with it at all times....and you don't try and "arch your back" to get one more rep...I find this slight angle helps keep my form better. YOu head doesn't get in the way or anything like that. I bring the bar down to my chin.....however some liek it to where the elbows are parallel to floore....to each their own.....just back off the weight a lil....loosingh up good.......take care of your shoulders.

--------------
gravity is not a law, only a obstacle
Ghetto2k4
Ghetto2k4
United States
2005/06/10, 01:02 PM
go see a dr right away just be safe so..dont lift anything b/c sound like u did something to the shoulder