Group: Injuries & Rehabilitation

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 54, Messages: 4465

Dealing with injuries and learning how to avoid them is extremely important!

Join group

headache since weight training

sidz
sidz
United Kingdom
2005/06/06, 05:07 AM
on friday i was doing some bench presses (nothing too heavy) and i felt a litttle pressure at the back of my skull and got a little dizzy. i figured i wasnt breathing correctly and didnt get enough orygen runnin through my brain (as u may have guessed im not a doctor :) ) so i stopped there to rest. since then ive have a fairly constant headache and feel a little pressure in the middle of my lower rear part of skull just at the point where u feel the bottom of the skull. its not a really bad headache but its enough to be painful and ibuprofen doesnt seem to make much diference.im thinkin i may have strained a small muscle in my upper neck of somethin puttin pressure on some place in my head (obviously a guess) and just wanted to check im not gonna drop dead or somethin :) im fairly sure if i go to my doctors he will dismiss it withut really looking as the few times ive been there in the past hes been less than competant (he prescribed me asprin to help with bruising from a senoma and my surgeon was less than impressed as it made it worse)

not sure this is somethin you can help me with but any advice is appreciated, for all i know this may be a common weight training injury
leslieherr
leslieherr
United States
2005/06/07, 10:45 PM
Have you ever been to a chiropractor? This might be the time to check one out. What you are describing could be a muscle or it could be a vertebra out of place.
Ask your friends or family who they would recommend, someone that they have experience with if possible.

Leslie