Group: Injuries & Rehabilitation

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 54, Messages: 4465

Dealing with injuries and learning how to avoid them is extremely important!

Join group

Shoulder joint pains - Glucosamine??

dvelswk
dvelswk
United States
2005/05/23, 06:10 PM
I have been having a lot of joint pain with in my interior deltoid (between chest and shoulder). I know that shoulders do give out easily after weightlifting for a long time, and that's where most injuries on bench press occur. I have only been doing serious weightlifting for a year or year and half now, so I wouldn't think that my shoulders would be doing this already. My guess is I was 90 lbs when I started and I'm 185 now, maybe it's because of muscles growing faster than joints. I would think that the joints would grow stronger as your muscles do though. One person said I should try glucosamine and it will strengthen your joints, I was wondering if any of you have had a similar problem or if you believe glucosamine does help? Thanks.
mmaibohm
mmaibohm
United States
2005/05/23, 07:56 PM
It sounds like an impingement or bursitis. I use jointment sport from universal nutrition. best price is 8.95 at dps nutrition.

--------------
I am that
which must be feared, worshipped and adored. The world is mine
now and forever.No one holds command over me. No man. No god. I am ANIMAL! and that is enough.
jonnnyko
jonnnyko
United States
2005/05/24, 01:58 AM
there might be some inflammation in you shoulder at the tendons, i know it happens to me but i have shit shoulders the docs have me taking naproxen/naprosen one is the generic version of the other but i can't remember which. i'll take two or three a day but no more than 1000mg i think it is, and between that and taking it light for about a week my shoulders are good to go, try searching on fitbuddy for shoulder problems there was a good site someone told me about on it for shoulder exercises and it has strengthened mine quite nicely...hope it helps :dumbbell:\

--------------
Jonathan
*** Nothing Is Real but Pain Now ***