Group: Under 25 Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 647, Messages: 8009

Everyone 25 years of age and under are encouraged to join this group to share common goals, stories and encouragement with their goals.

Join group

Help!

Kade
Kade
United States
2005/04/21, 08:27 PM
I need help! I have looked at all the diet plans on this site but don't know if it's for me as I can't count everything I eat. I need something really easy.:big_smile: I have access to weights and machines 4 or 5 days a week, and am starting a fitness plan from FT, but need a new diet! Help Anyone!!! Thanks!

--------------
Opinions are guesses based on facts, but they aren\'t facts...:)
Kade
sbroyhill
sbroyhill
United States
2005/04/21, 08:39 PM
I hate to burst the bubble of happiness... but nothing comes easy or free in life, sorry...
What I did when I first started tracking my meals was carry a little notebook around in my pocket so I could write down everything I ate. Diet is the most one of the 2 keys to good fitness, so you should try your best!

--------------
:Hard work equals great results!:
2005/04/21, 09:05 PM
Nutrition is a part that often makes or breaks most people....in terms of gaining muscle, losing weight/body fat, getting to their lifting goals, etc...

sbroyhill brought up a good point of carrying around a notebook and writing down everything you eat....it takes less than 30 seconds...I am sure you have that much time....

Another thing is...nothing is really easy....if you want easy...then sit back and watch tv all day...that is reality....you chose fitness because you wanted to change an aspect of yourself...and that takes lots of work and effort....and frustration and revaluation, and so forth....you also don't learn anything from 'easy'...mistakes and failures are what really teach you anything...
Kade
Kade
United States
2005/04/22, 08:47 AM
I am grateful for your advice and agree 100% with both of you, but I still have one question. How do you count meals when you don't know everything that's in them? Also if I concentrate more on trying to get m proteinand complex carbs, do I have to worry about the calories? Thanks a million for all your help!

--------------
Opinions are guesses based on facts, but they aren\'t facts...:)
Kade
yadmit
yadmit
Canada
2005/04/22, 08:51 AM
With the nutrition tracker on FT, you don't have to worry about figuring out what's in them... it does all the calculations for you based on what you put into the program.

t

--------------
This donut has purple in the middle, purple is a fruit. - Homer (Simpson)

Be here. Live. Love. Hope. Now. Faith. Believe. You. - Keith Urban

BlaakSable
BlaakSable
United States
2005/04/22, 09:51 AM
If you want something really easy... it's not nearly as good as actually tracking what you eat... but if I'm feeling lazy I usually just figure out what I'm gonna eat, and then cut it in half and only eat that. And then if I'm still starving after, I'll eat the healthiest part of the leftover half.. like the vegetables or lean protein, etc. And drink lots of water with it. If you spend enough time thinking about it, you're not gonna want to eat the leftover stuff unless you're actually hungry, in which case I think it's perfectly fine to eat it as long as you're exercising cause exercise helps you eat just what you need, I've noticed. But yeah, I'm no pro, I'm just a lazy person who managed to lose about 80 pounds without any strict dieting, just eating less and exercising more...