Group: Injuries & Rehabilitation

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 54, Messages: 4465

Dealing with injuries and learning how to avoid them is extremely important!

Join group

leg workout gone bad

mimik75
mimik75
United States
2005/04/01, 11:15 AM
can anyone tell me what I should do??? I was doing my leg work out leg press and lunges {superset} then I moved on to leg extensions and leg curls {superset}and when I finished my second set I felt a pain below my knee almost on my shin bone on the inside and front part of my leg, I immediately stopped and put ice on it for about 15 min. it's still a little sore...what do you think I did? I usually listen to my body as far as working out and I haven't had an injury of any kind for about two years...any input would be gratly appreciated.
2005/04/06, 07:36 PM
sounds like a muscle strain....you should probably not work same muscle like this and especially superset it unless you're very advanced in your training....say over 2 years .....

I would stick with simple 1 quad exercise, 1 hamstring exercise, and 1 calf exercise....you can also throw in adductor/abductor workout....do 3-4 working sets per body part.

...you're literally doing 3 exercises for quads and 1 for hamstring...which overtrains the muscle and you get pain....

it's good that you put ice on it immediately that will cut recovery time in half at times....afterwards...day or two after try applying heat or using something like bengay and wrap your leg firmly.....