Group: Injuries & Rehabilitation

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 54, Messages: 4465

Dealing with injuries and learning how to avoid them is extremely important!

Join group

tricep

even_colder
even_colder
United Kingdom
2005/04/01, 04:37 AM
i broke my arm a couple of years ago a real bad break in the upper part iv only just got over it, how do i get into the swing of exercising my tricep again.
borpillicus
borpillicus
Canada
2005/04/06, 02:15 PM
Ease back into it. Test out what irratates it and what doesn't. Do not rush anything or your just going to strain/sprain something because it hasn't been used in the past couple years.

2005/04/06, 07:18 PM
do compound exercises for triceps...with fairly light weight to build form and strength then slowly increase the poundage....work with close grip bench, V-pushdowns on pulldown station, french press with ez-bar or dumbell(using 1 or 2 hands)......then you could also throw in some isolation exercises like kickbacks, overhead rope extentions...etc...

start with weight you can comfortably handle for 15 reps....do nice fluid reps....same count up as down....and then after a few weeks....lower your reps to 12 reps.....while increasing the weight so you should be able to do just those 12 reps....then a month later....again increase weight and lower reps...and do maybe 8 reps.....continue to do this until you get to about 4-6 reps....then you can switch the process and start doing the opposite....increasing weight and slightly lowering weight until you get to 8-10....