Group: Competitive Bodybuilding & Fitness

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 21, Messages: 5367

Discuss the process of preparing for a competition on the sport of body building, fitness and more!

Join group

What do u think of my diet?

Kev99
Kev99
United States
2005/03/17, 09:55 PM
I want to be a bodybuilder. Bodybuilders constantly talk about their diets and it seems so confusing. I just try to eat as healthy as i can. I do however watch my protein intake, i keep it to about 165 to 175 grams a day because i weigh about 165, and it depends if im doing cardio too. My diet varies a little each day. Anyways, here it is-

Meal one ( breakfast)
4 packs of stop and shop brand oatmeal, 12 grams protein total
Meal two
can of beefaroni and glass of milk, 28 grams of protein total

Meal three lunch
Subway southwestern cheesesteak (with southwest sauce) 52 grams of protein

Gym workout- after workout i usaully consume 40 or 50 grams of protein

meal 4 dinner

Potatoes, a meat, and vegetables, milk probably 60 grams of protein

I wasnt too detailed with it, (for instance, i only mentioned milk, i do drink other fluids besides milk :laugh:)

Kev99
Kev99
United States
2005/03/17, 10:04 PM
wow that would be considered alot of protein for me, maybe i got the protein count wrong, but thats basically it, and i forgot to add a fifth and final meal, and that would probably be a bowl of cereal or another can of ravioli.
gibbondaniel
gibbondaniel
United Kingdom
2005/03/22, 08:41 AM
thats a good diet nearly the same as mine :P
gibbondaniel
gibbondaniel
United Kingdom
2005/03/22, 08:44 AM
i find i build muscle a whole lot quicker if i consume large amounts of complex carbs as well as protien seems like u got enouygh carbs there with the cereals and oatmeal :love: carbs they aint that bad :)
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2005/03/22, 08:08 PM
add some eggwhites or whey protein to your first meal, and make sure your oats are not the processed ones with sugar added.

Beefaroni is a staple of all bodybuilding diets!! LOL...seriously, you would be much better and just as cheap to have a 6 oz. can of tuna(real protein) along with a good complex carb like sweet potato, beans, etc. Even raw oats will do nicely.

that will do for starters.....there is alot better options for meal 3 also. :)

============
Quoting from kev99:

I want to be a bodybuilder. Bodybuilders constantly talk about their diets and it seems so confusing. I just try to eat as healthy as i can. I do however watch my protein intake, i keep it to about 165 to 175 grams a day because i weigh about 165, and it depends if im doing cardio too. My diet varies a little each day. Anyways, here it is-

Meal one ( breakfast)
4 packs of stop and shop brand oatmeal, 12 grams protein total
Meal two
can of beefaroni and glass of milk, 28 grams of protein total

Meal three lunch
Subway southwestern cheesesteak (with southwest sauce) 52 grams of protein

Gym workout- after workout i usaully consume 40 or 50 grams of protein

meal 4 dinner

Potatoes, a meat, and vegetables, milk probably 60 grams of protein

I wasnt too detailed with it, (for instance, i only mentioned milk, i do drink other fluids besides milk :laugh:)

=============

--------------
If you don't stand for something, you will fall for anything....

bb1fit@freetrainers.com