Group: Injuries & Rehabilitation

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 54, Messages: 4465

Dealing with injuries and learning how to avoid them is extremely important!

Join group

foot trouble, frustated

spun117
spun117
United States
2005/03/05, 07:52 AM
hi all you workout fitness buddies,
yeah so give me some advice please. ok about 1 month ago i started running full time, then 1 week into my right foot started hurting really bad, the ball of my foot. so I figured I would rest like a day, then go buy actual professional running shoes. so I go, pay 90 bucks a brand new pair of New Balances. oh and I got fitted by a employee at the store. I wasn't all like, "Oh want those, their cute."
so then I am all excited and I keep running and the pain gets better for two days but then it gets Worse!!. I went to the doctor and he said it was just a bruise and to not run so heavy and not to run on the ball of my feet only, I am supposed to run heel to toe and the bruise will go away. k, yeah been nearly 1 1/2 weeks, Still HURTS like a B. been trying to run like the doctor said, and I switched to a treadmill 1.0 incline cuz I heard it is better than outside asphalt like I had been doing. sad, I am . feel like a depression is coming. running is my drug. I am sure many can relate to the sadness I have in some way. Has someone else experienced this? is there hope for my poor little foot? ok I know i am putting some humor into it but that is how I deal with sadness. it very serious. thanks all
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2005/03/08, 10:00 PM
Go see a foot dr. I think they are called a podiatrist.
Running is really hard on the body. Think of every time your foot hits the ground it is landing with 5x your bodyweight in force.
Sorry I can't be of more help.

--------------
Scales are for dead weight: We are not dead yet!
Still trying to find out how to do the Hollywood Free Press.

Ivan
carivan@freetrainers.com
Montreal Canada