Group: Experienced Exercise

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 50, Messages: 19484

For intermediate and advanced individuals. Share and learn how to take your fitness to the next level!

Join group

Pumping Iron.. re-release!

Arnold
Arnold
Canada
2002/10/12, 03:49 PM
Hey everyone.. great news for Arnie fans!

The new version (145 minutes) of Pumping Iron will be aired finally on Cinemax in November. Check out the website for more details for your areas. This version includes the original, and hour of extra footage not used in the original cut plus interviews with the stars today! This is a real treat! Also, this version will be released on DVD format early 2003.

----------------------------
.o0 Arnold 0o...o0 theaustrianoak@hotmail.com 0o.
mandre
mandre
United States
2002/10/14, 10:17 AM
Thanks for the info. I have never seen Pumping Iron. From what I have read it is an inspirational BB movie. I will make it a point to see it!

:) Melissa

--------------
Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
- -- Aristotle
Arnold
Arnold
Canada
2002/11/12, 09:50 AM
Hey guys.. it's airing this week! Here is some more info..

PUMPING IRON: 25TH ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL EDITION, NEW RELEASE OF THE ACCLAIMED FILM THAT LAUNCHED THE CAREER OF SUPERSTAR ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGER AND FOREVER CHANGED THE ART AND SPORT OF BODYBUILDING, DEBUTS NOV. 15, EXCLUSIVELY ON CINEMAX

In 1977, PUMPING IRON became a box-office hit, forever changing the perception of bodybuilding and weight training around the world. Probably the most famous documentary about sports ever made, the film documents the culture of bodybuilding as it follows a group of bodybuilders preparing and ultimately competing for the titles of Mr. Universe and Mr. Olympia. Making its debut at the Cannes Film Festival, PUMPING IRON became a critically acclaimed documentary that ultimately launched the movie career of box-office superstar Arnold Schwarzenegger. Also starring in the groundbreaking film were bodybuilders Louis Ferrigno ("The Incredible Hulk"), Mike Katz, Franco Columbu, Serge Nubret and Ed Corney.
Now, CINEMAX presents a digitally enhanced version of PUMPING IRON, plus two original specials, narrated by actor Liev Schreiber, that feature interviews with some of Hollywood's biggest stars, and exclusive never-before-seen footage shot during the making of the original documentary that has been locked in a vault for the last quarter of a century. Among those featured in the footage is actor Bud Cort.
PUMPING IRON: 25TH ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL EDITION debuts FRIDAY, NOV. 15 at 8:00 p.m. (ET), exclusively on CINEMAX.
Other playdate: Dec. 10 (6:30 a.m.).
"We are proud to celebrate the 25th anniversary of PUMPING IRON, the film that led to a redefinition of the image of leading men in films," comments Jill Champtaloup, vice president, CINEMAX Program Planning and Scheduling. "The enduring appeal of PUMPING IRON, coupled with Arnold Schwarzenegger's superstar status, make this a must-see event for CINEMAX viewers."
"PUMPING IRON gave me the chance to play one of the most colorful characters and certainly the most true-to-life character to date... myself," says Schwarzenegger. "The creation of this documentary enabled us to change the world's perception of bodybuilding and the appreciation of the body. We are still seeing the cultural effects and impact PUMPING IRON has had, from health and preventive medicine to modeling, athletics, fashion and film.
"I am really proud of the fact that PUMPING IRON served as the global catalyst for the art and sport of bodybuilding and fitness training," he continues. "This film has stood the test of time and proven to be one of the most important sports documentaries in history. CINEMAX had the vision to bring it back to the screen for a new generation to enjoy, and I am really excited about this digitally enhanced special edition to celebrate this milestone anniversary and the exciting lead-in featuring so many of my friends and favorite stars."
"Everyone thought I was mad to embark on this project in 1972," says producer and director George Butler. "But the fact that a motion picture not only made Arnold a star, but also created a sport and an industry all over the world is undeniable. The fact that this film was actually a low-budget documentary makes this all the more extraordinary."
Upon its release in 1977, Time heralded PUMPING IRON as "a splendidly professional film," adding, "You may have a desire when you leave to start pumping the hands of those who made it." Newsday called the film "an enterprise of wit and intelligence," and Newsweek described it as "a surprising piece of work with an easy rhythm, the right touches of irony, a sense of character and a good deal of suspense." PUMPING IRON, based on the acclaimed best seller "Pumping Iron - The Art and Sport of Bodybuilding," by Charles Gaines and George Butler, was directed by George Butler and Robert Fiore and produced by George Butler and Jerome Gary.

--------------
dang
dang
Canada
2002/11/12, 10:04 AM
I downloaded the original pumping iron a few months ago. It was a real treat to watch it again (watched it the first time when I was like 16 or something).

I can set it up on my website if anyone would like to grab it from me and watch it in preperation of the new one coming out.

I tried finding it at the movie rental places a few times and it's impossible to find.
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2002/11/12, 05:08 PM
I wonder when it will be released here/ (canada)
No cinemax here.

--------------
To change it, or to create it, simply train it!
Arnold
Arnold
Canada
2002/11/17, 05:49 PM
Hey.. I saw the new version with the outtakes! It was truly amazing.. so much more depth involved in the documentary than anyone would think..

There is this scene of Arnold having a party in his bachelor pad and everyone is drinking and dancing.. so funny.

Another scene where the guy are all at Golds posing for each other.. and Arnold ofcourse is perfect.

Anyone catch it last friday?

--------------
chris789
chris789
United States
2002/11/18, 11:12 AM
I haven't seen it, but I did read about it the other day, I want to see it, and if it actually does come out on dvd I'll probably end up buying it.

--------------
"Some people call it insanity, I call it intensity"
INTRUDER
INTRUDER
United States
2002/11/19, 12:39 PM
yeah; seen some of it; it is amazing how motivating it is to watch the old stuff. Hope it comes on again.

--------------
"Get everthing you want--just make a little change now"
pumpingiron1977
pumpingiron1977
India
2006/09/04, 07:57 AM
Hi,
Can anyone pls post the lyrics of the song Pumping Iron?
It would be truly inspirational.
Thanks
Raj Paul
mikencharleston
mikencharleston
United States
2006/09/04, 10:48 AM
http://www.stlyrics.com/lyrics/starlightexpress/pumpingiron.htm