Group: Injuries & Rehabilitation

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 54, Messages: 4465

Dealing with injuries and learning how to avoid them is extremely important!

Join group

Common bicep/forearm injury

borpillicus
borpillicus
Canada
2005/02/11, 02:41 PM
About three weeks ago I hurt my forearm/bicep. I did it (funny enough) while doing a light bicep workout. It seems to hurt around the elbow joint area, stretching from about half way up the under forearm to the bicep.

The reason I am calling it common is my friend has done the exact same thing to his arm while at his job several months ago. He still has the pain in his arm.

My guess is a strain/sprain. The doctors all told him the same thing; Ibprofen and RICE. I am following that as well, though I am worried this injury may stay with me for several months like it has with my friend, denying me the ability to use my biceps for working out. It's not crippling pain, but enough to make me avoid any bicep straining exercises until its recovered.

Has anyone encountered this before? What helped make it better?

--------------
Lift. Eat. Rest. Gain.

~Brad~
2005/02/14, 04:17 PM
you most likely have developed tendinitis in your elbow...you have to rest it completely...no lifting for at least 2 weeks...you can put hot packs on the area to speed up blood flow to the injury for faster healing and wrap it fairly tight ...and take ibuprofin to reduce any inflammation....be patient it may take a while to heal...I struggled with it for months...
borpillicus
borpillicus
Canada
2005/02/17, 10:19 AM
I think thats what I am going to do.

Thanks for the advice.

--------------
Lift. Eat. Rest. Gain.

~Brad~
borpillicus
borpillicus
Canada
2005/03/17, 10:45 AM
I guess I will post this incase it this ever gets searched.

What helped me was RICE. Well actually it was just the R and C part because I always forgot to ice it. Two weeks rest, with a tensor bandage snuggly wrapped around my forearm/bicep a few times a day for a couple hours. Anytime I thought I was going to do something that would irritate the injury I made sure to wrap it and use A535 rub after (whether it hurt or not -- Ice or heat would work well too).

I eased back into bicep workouts to prevent re-injury. Seems to be 80% better at this point and getting stronger.

--------------
Lift. Eat. Rest. Gain.

~Brad~
kimarjos
kimarjos
United States
2005/05/31, 11:49 AM
I have the same thing and mine is swollen from the elbow to the shoulder. I've been using R.I.C.E. also.I hope it works.