Group: Competitive Bodybuilding & Fitness

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 21, Messages: 5367

Discuss the process of preparing for a competition on the sport of body building, fitness and more!

Join group

Personal Trainer Certification

lexballer13
lexballer13
United States
2005/02/10, 05:32 PM
I am currently studying exercise science at a university and I want and need to get certified. I am debating between ACE (American Counsel on Exercise) and NFPT (National Federation of Professional Trainers). Any insight or experience is greatly appreciated. I want to get on this as soon as possible.
rev8ball
rev8ball
United States
2005/02/10, 05:56 PM
First off, a number of us on this site are certified (as well as certifiable...LOL), and several topics have been based on those discussions; try a search here at FTs and see what comes up.

Second, I believe that with your BS in exercise science, you'll also be able to get your ACSM cert.

Good luck.

--------------
Michael

100% AMMONIA SNORTIN, ANGER MANAGEMENT CLASS FAILING, BIG IRON LOVIN, FACE SLAPPIN, HEAVY METAL LISTENIN, CHALK CLOUD MAKIN, GUM BLEEDIN, SCABBY-SHINNED, LEATHER PALMED, BLOOD-SHOT EYED, KNEE WRAP WEARIN, RIP IT UP OFF THE FLOOR, DO OR DIE TRYIN, FAILURE IS NOT AN OPTION, BAR BENDIN POWERLIFTER. You got a problem with that?
lindyaaron
lindyaaron
United States
2005/02/11, 04:46 PM
I also am studying exercise science. I have issa (www.issaonline.com) I use to have nfpt, but as an independent trainer you do not need all of the certs. I would go with ACE over NFPT. Just from experience of being certified with them for about 5 years.

Lindy
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2005/02/11, 08:08 PM
I am almost ready to write my ISSA exam and very satisfied so far.
BTW...welcome to freetrainers Lindyaaron.
You have a very inspirational site and congratulations on your success. Keep going!

--------------
Scales are for dead weight: We are not dead yet!
Still trying to find out how to do the Hollywood Free Press.

Ivan
carivan@freetrainers.com
Montreal Canada
2005/02/14, 11:09 AM
top certifications are

NASM
ACSM
ACE
ISSA
AFAA
AAAI

they vary in cost and degree of preparation....I have heard great things about NASM..it's moderately priced and is quite difficult so it's a good preparation for personal training...although they are all very similar...
lexballer13
lexballer13
United States
2005/02/15, 03:41 PM
Thanx, but I know all of the certifications that are out there I was looking for personal experience. I have done all the research possible I just wanted a first hand experience from those that are certified. Thanx Lindy thats a big help.