Group: Competitive Bodybuilding & Fitness

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 21, Messages: 5367

Discuss the process of preparing for a competition on the sport of body building, fitness and more!

Join group

Motivation

lindyaaron
lindyaaron
United States
2004/12/27, 08:27 PM
I have competed in 3 all natural shows, but have not been as motivated since my second child. I was really motivated right after I had her. (only waited two weeks to hit the gym!) Now I can not get into the training rut. I get to the gym 6x weekly, but my workouts suck! Any helpful tips to get back on track!
:dumbbell:
Miyu
Miyu
United States
2004/12/27, 10:39 PM
Try something totaly different, like sports. Or take lessons for a month (like dancing, ice-skating, surfing..etc). Devote 4 weeks to getting your exercise away from the gym. It's a good time to do this as most adut ed/community sports and classes start up mid January. I'm taking a track & trail class. I'm in Minnesota so this will include snow-shoeing, cross country skiing and (one time sledding with dogs!) hiking in the snow. Doing stuff like this always refreshes me and gets me motivated to get back into the gym. Hope this helps you.
:big_smile:
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2004/12/28, 11:19 AM
If it is a passion, you may simply have to "work through" this period. I have had the same thing, sometimes after a show it is all I can do after the initial motivation upon returning to be better dies down, to stay with it. You have to force yourself at some points, and if it is a passion as I mentioned, your motivation will come back.

If on the other hand you are done competing, then do it for yourself. You will hate yourself if you really let things go. Try to look ahead as to how you will feel. This keeps me going, for I know I will hate myself if I let all that hard work go down the drain.:big_smile:

--------------
If you don't stand for something, you will fall for anything....

bb1fit@freetrainers.com