Group: Injuries & Rehabilitation

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 54, Messages: 4465

Dealing with injuries and learning how to avoid them is extremely important!

Join group

pain in muscle only

annmarie140
annmarie140
United States
2004/12/11, 11:22 PM
Thursday, I did legs, not real heavy....leg press 90 lbs after warming up; squats without weight, calf raises 20 lbs; dead lifts 30 lbs; 4 sets of 12-15 each. That night, I did a pump class that was 65-70% squats and lunges and I held 7 lbs weights in each hand. Next morning, I did a step class. That afternoon I was sore but nothing more than usual after time passes after doing legs. Today (Saturday) I rode my bike 17 miles. My legs are really sore now.

I was doing 45-50 minutes on the precor 3 days a week and riding my bike 14-20 miles 1-2 times per week up until last week and not feeling pain. I hadn't done a leg workout in a while, only cardio.

My question is...should I keep going if it doesn't hurt when I exercise, only when I'm not actually or should I give cardio a rest until my legs feel better? I don't plan on using weight if I continue cardio, until next week when I do another leg workout.

Thank you in advance
FightOnState
FightOnState
United States
2004/12/12, 03:59 PM
My recommendation is to take it easy for a few days. It seems to me like you are putting too much stress on your muscles without enough rest, otherwise known as "overtraining".

The last thing you want to do is keep pushing an injury. It you keep training on it you may develop a more serious injury. This past summer I had a pain in my shoulder but ignored it and kept on working. Just like you, it only hurt when I wasn't working out. However, I eventually saw a doctor and it turns out I had pretty severe biceps tendonitis which took a good bit of Vioxx to clear up.