Group: Injuries & Rehabilitation

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 54, Messages: 4465

Dealing with injuries and learning how to avoid them is extremely important!

Join group

please help.. question

jaybh1974
jaybh1974
United States
2004/11/30, 07:18 AM
Ok, here is the deal.I havent posted here in a few months, becuase I pulled some muscles in my lower back and havent been able to do a darn thing for the past 3 months, except for some cardio.. Now, I am pain free for the most part, but since I cut out my weight training and I cut out a lot of cardio, I also let my diet go a bit, and gained 15 pounds.What I am looking to do is get back to 200 lbs ( i am 5'11 and 215 ). But I need to take it easy on any excersizes that are going to be putting a lot of strain on my lower back.. Any ideas will be very much appreciated.
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2004/11/30, 12:11 PM
I'd say for the 1st week or so, do some machine work, for the most part, that wil get you in shape to get in shape.

I damaged my back erectors about 3 years ago, and i cut out deadlifts and squats for a while. That is free weight style, I used a smith for a while to get back into squatting form, and used my abs to kep my back straight, and head up so I didn't bow over.

Deadlifts I didn't do tell I knew for sure My back was strong. Cause the deadlift can mess you up even if done wrong once.

Stil do stuff like benches free weights, dbs, miltary presses, but I would do it in a smith for miltary presses atlest for a while telll your back is back to hundred %.

Do some ball crunches, and some back hypers at ethe end of your workouts a few days a week.

Anything hurts your back , stop it, find something else to do.

I'm nto a physically theripist at all, so you may want to concult a doctor 1st, but this is what I did. NOW I can deadlift close to 500lbs...mmore than I did in highschool.

--------------
The following, has not be approved by the FDA or FT, it was not meant to diagnose,treat,or prevent any diease(s) Please consult a moderator or doctor before using any of the suggestions or comments.

jaybh1974
jaybh1974
United States
2004/11/30, 01:08 PM
Hey, thanks for your reply.. After you injured your back, did you wear a lifting belt whenever you lifted? I havent really worn one, but I am thinking of starting to use one
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2004/11/30, 04:53 PM
Actuallyi used one for a while....however only on 2 lifts......squats and deadlifts........now I have one but never use it.......cause I wanted my core to be strong. NOW I workout with out any straps nor belts, only thing i use somtimes are wraps, for my knees.

IF you use one, only do it on things that require back support, where there is non. They arenj't for style lol, wear it on over head presses, squats, deadlifts......nto on seated mil, leg presses, bench.....stuff like that.

good luck and be careful

--------------
The following, has not be approved by the FDA or FT, it was not meant to diagnose,treat,or prevent any diease(s) Please consult a moderator or doctor before using any of the suggestions or comments.

jaybh1974
jaybh1974
United States
2004/12/01, 07:04 AM
again, thanks for the advice. I think I need to use a belt just for certain excercizes.
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2004/12/01, 12:45 PM
when you wear it, imagine not letting your stomach touch the front.....keep your abbs tight, especially on over head pressing stuff, or squats and deadlifts. Don't wear it too tight, cause we don't want you back to become lazy, just help it. Keep abbs tight, and do work your lower back and soon you'll be back to your self.

--------------