Group: Injuries & Rehabilitation

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 54, Messages: 4465

Dealing with injuries and learning how to avoid them is extremely important!

Join group

tender legs

xxrajxx
xxrajxx
United Kingdom
2004/11/26, 05:51 AM
Hi guys

after my leg day at gym, my legs are normally sore/tender for a couple of days after that, is that normal,
my training plan

squats
leg press
Calf raises
Leg extensions
leg flexions

I do warm up on a bike and stretch after the training
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2004/11/26, 08:42 PM
hell somtimes I cramp walking up stairs, an dhave to grab the railing lol......not abig deal lol....if its in the muscle soreness, you jusy had a good workout, if its around joints, then may waan reevalute your form...............I see no ham work, you do do hams right??

--------------
The following, has not be approved by the FDA or FT, it was not meant to diagnose,treat,or prevent any diease(s) Please consult a moderator or doctor before using any of the suggestions or comments.

Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2004/11/26, 10:31 PM
Try doing your calfs on another day, perhaps with chest, or shoulders. You will have more energy for your other leg exercises, and you will have more energy for your calfs, which in exchange will bee less tiring.
After your workout, do 5-10 min low intensity cardio (like bike) to get good blood curculation again and get rid of waste products in the system.
This will probably shorten your soreness.

--------------
"A will finds a way, failure is not an option"
Ivan
carivan@freetrainers.com
Montreal Canada
princesslodgey
princesslodgey
United Kingdom
2004/11/27, 06:36 AM
Andrew, don't the leg flexions work hams?
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2004/11/27, 04:56 PM
never herd of that?
adductors and abductors?

--------------
The following, has not be approved by the FDA or FT, it was not meant to diagnose,treat,or prevent any diease(s) Please consult a moderator or doctor before using any of the suggestions or comments.

2004/11/28, 06:51 AM
technically he can work all upper leg muscles with squats....wide stance squats for hamstrings, glutes, abductors, adductors....and then narrow stance squats for quads....

I recently found a really good for hamstrings....similar to stiff-legged deadlifts...except you stick out your butt as far back as you can while you lower the bar....you'll really feel it in your hamstrings....

do calf exercises last...as it will take away a lot from your squats if you do it first...

soreness is very good...whether right away or DOMS(delayed onset muscle soreness) a 1-2 days afterward...my leg soreness last as long as 5-6 days....
2004/11/28, 06:57 AM
lol@name of thread....
xxrajxx
xxrajxx
United Kingdom
2004/11/29, 04:48 AM
thanks guys

its not pain in the joints, just the muscles, so its just good workout,,,,
will add some cardio after the workout..thanks for the advise
I have just added some DB DLs to the workout, have no BB in my gym
I think I pretty much got legs coverd with this then
thanks again