Group: Under 25 Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 647, Messages: 8009

Everyone 25 years of age and under are encouraged to join this group to share common goals, stories and encouragement with their goals.

Join group

Should I sleep with a pillow or not?

rocky182
rocky182
United States
2004/11/19, 01:26 PM
Hi
I was wondering...does anyone sleep without a pillow?
becouse i heard it was bad for your posture..becouse it cocks your neck up. I tend to sleep on my back alot so i wanted to know what u guys think or do...
Thanks
CristalBelle
CristalBelle
United States
2004/11/19, 01:28 PM
Sleeping on a pillow can be bad for your back depending on what position you are sleeping in and what pillow you are using. Do an online search on Select Comfort Beds, they have a whole section on pillows and what pillows go with what position, its very informative
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2004/11/19, 04:06 PM
your head should be in line with your body, you dont need a 100 dollar pillow. Somthing not to sorft but not to firm, and depending how big your shoulders are depend on the height of it.

I actually flatten my pillows so that my head is in line with my body.

--------------
The following, has not be approved by the FDA or FT, it was not meant to diagnose,treat,or prevent any diease(s) Please consult a moderator or doctor before using any of the suggestions or comments.

CristalBelle
CristalBelle
United States
2004/11/19, 04:26 PM
Just to be clear, I wasn't suggest he go and buy one of the most expensive pillows he can find, just to look at the reasons why pillows affect your back, and what height of pillows go with which way you sleep. I thought it was all very interesting.
jonathanweaver
jonathanweaver
United States
2004/11/22, 11:38 AM
I got my pillow from my chiropractor. It was a $50 pillow, but such a great investment. I like to fall asleep on my side, but I always wake up on my back.

If you get a specialized pillow, make sure that it is contoured for side sleeping as well as back sleeping. It should have the dip in the center for your head for your head and a ramp for your neck, as well as higher, slightly countoured "wings" that drop off for your shoulders.

***DISCLAIMER***
I am not a medical professional. Please consult a medical professional before making medical decisions. Only spend however much you feel appropriate for your sleeping and financial needs.

--------------
I will never grow up, just old.

Duct tape is like The Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together.

- Carl Zwanzig

Jonathan
Pritchard
Pritchard
United Kingdom
2004/11/24, 02:39 PM
i threw my pillow out after i had a tooth taken out because i bled into it in the night, this was coming up to three yeras ago, and i hate them now, i just use my arm or nothing.

--------------
*NOT A TART*

A.D.F.
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2004/11/24, 10:33 PM
could always sleep on a board or nail bed, hear those are good for your back.

--------------
The following, has not be approved by the FDA or FT, it was not meant to diagnose,treat,or prevent any diease(s) Please consult a moderator or doctor before using any of the suggestions or comments.