Group: Eating Disorders

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 33, Messages: 1316

Find the advice that you need by sharing and learning from others experiences. You're never alone.

Join group

Trying to make better food choices

DaniDIEt
DaniDIEt
United States
2004/11/15, 08:23 AM
I am trying. Lunch was a salad and some tortilla chips. Dinner was Tomato soup and grilled cheese. I had tomato soup and salad with a piece of bread and I actually stopped eating after dinner. Did pigs just fly or did hell freeze over?
Miyu
Miyu
United States
2004/12/04, 12:17 PM
Hey Dani. I have the same problem with eating in the AM. Before I started losing weight I wouldn't eat until noon or 1pm most days. So EAT BREAKFAST! I eat about every 3 hours. For those hard to eat AM meals I drink protien shakes- or if I want to go lower cal. I drink ensure. I usually have those at 8 and 11.
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2004/12/04, 08:15 AM
Dani - good job, small changes are ones that will stick.
Try to add a little more protein to your meals - chicken on your salad, egg whites at breakfast (you are eating breakfsat, right?) Grilled cheese on whole grain bread would be okay, lowfat cheese has improved from what it used to be. again, boost yopur proteinintake, drink a glass of skim milk with dinner, or have some chiken on your side salad (or tuna).

If Hell freezes over, we'll go ice skating!

--------------
"The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes." Marcel Proust
DaniDIEt
DaniDIEt
United States
2004/12/04, 10:40 AM
It is easier for me not to eat breakfast. I comsume less calories that way. Even though I am not hungry at all, should I eat it anyway? It is the only time of day where food is a turn off and I seem to like the control. But steer me right here, breakfast=eat it right?
One more question...I use the treadmill at night and I get very hungry afterwards. Should I eat something even though it is so close to bed time?
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2004/12/04, 08:23 PM
by not eating you slowing down you metabolism.......If your body knows its not gonna eat for 12 hours....it will burn less calories total, throughtout the day. And may store more fat, to help out. I"m afraid you gonna slow your metabolism down to a crawl, and it wil take a while to get it back up.

Soups out of a can, have alot of salt, which can cause other problems too.

an dyes eat more protein.......from what I under stand protein isn't stored as fat.

--------------
The following, has not be approved by the FDA or FT, it was not meant to diagnose,treat,or prevent any diease(s) Please consult a moderator or doctor before using any of the suggestions or comments.

hecdarec
hecdarec
United States
2004/12/04, 09:48 PM
Yes Dani you need to eat breakfast! I am one who in the beginning had to force myself to eat breakfast. Now it is routine for me. You would be amazed at how good you will feel from eating breakfast. Cottage cheese is good at night.

--------------
I am not conceited; I am convinced.