Group: Experienced Exercise

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 50, Messages: 19484

For intermediate and advanced individuals. Share and learn how to take your fitness to the next level!

Join group

Lose body fat

duketter
duketter
United States
2002/05/22, 10:15 AM
Hi all! I am new here but this site is great! My question is this....I feel I am pretty strong and would like to cut some body fat. I was lifting on a strength program and now am thinking of doing like 4 sets of 20,16,14,12 respectivly? Would this help cut body fat? For cardio I usually play basketball once a week and softball once a week. I am not overweight by any means, but want to get ripped. Any other suggestions? What to take for supplements, how to lift, etc.??? Thanks.
rpacheco
rpacheco
United States
2002/05/22, 10:54 AM
You need to increase your cardio, in addition to doing more reps. with lighter/moderate weights. Also, how's your diet? You'll need to modify this as well.

--------------
**_Robert_**
Pain is temporary; glory is forever!
duketter
duketter
United States
2002/05/22, 04:33 PM
When you say more reps? What do you mean by this exactly? I do 4 sets of 20,16,14,12 for each different thing I do. Also for cardio, how long should I go for? HOw much is too much/not enough?? And should I go after each workout or just like 3 times a week or whatever? And for eating I eat alright, but could eat better. I will keep on eye on that one. I heard protein helps to take off weight, is this true?
rpacheco
rpacheco
United States
2002/05/22, 04:51 PM
Ok, one question at a time.

1) If you currently do around 20-16-14-12 for reps. now, you don't have to do anymore. If you feel you need a better workout, just do more sets.

2) Cardio - At least 3x per week for 45-60 minutes each session. However, rotate the type of cardio you do (i.e. swimming one day, running the next, etc.) so that you keep your body guessing. Your body will usually tell you if you are doing too much cardio (or anything else for that matter).

3) Yes, you'll need to modify your diet to get any real results.

4) No, protein alone does not help take weight off. Protein helps in retaining your muscle mass while you diet, or helps you gain mass when you are eating more.

Hope this helps...

--------------
**_Robert_**
Pain is temporary; glory is forever!