Group: Experienced Exercise

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 50, Messages: 19484

For intermediate and advanced individuals. Share and learn how to take your fitness to the next level!

Join group

Training Question???

soundq18
soundq18
United States
2002/05/13, 08:52 PM
Hello everyone, I am 19 years old and have been lifting for around 2 years. I am trying a new routine and was hopeing to get some feedback on wether or not I am over training. I work my chest/tricepts/back/shoulders on Sundays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays. I then work my Bicepts/legs on Mondays and Wedsnesdays. I then rest on Fridays and Saturdays. Am I giving my muscles enought time to grow? I was also wondering if switching every month between Power, Strengh, and Endurance is a good idea for shocking the muscles? Thanks!!
fireloard
fireloard
United States
2002/05/13, 09:48 PM
Well mostly this site recommends that you give your muscles a few days to rest.. definitly not just two but then again i've seen many splits around that do something similar to this... What kind of exercises are you doing on those days.. and do the ones you do on sundays vary from the ones on tuesdays... isn't power and strength the same thing?... and whats your goals.. size? or from all your switching maybe some sort of balance of everything... oh and finally.. what does ur diet look like... any supps? Sorry to ask more questions than answering.. fill out your profile too..
soundq18
soundq18
United States
2002/05/13, 10:10 PM
Don't worry about it fireloard, I should have been more specific. I am lifting for size right now. I just finished up taking creatine a week ago and now I only take whey protein shakes. I would say I have a pretty healthy diet. I make sure the food I eat is high on protien and carbs. and low on fat. I drink nothing but water and juices and I stay away from sweets and junk food. For my power month, for example on the bench I do reps of 4,3,2 and for my Strength month I do reps of 8,6,4 and for my endurance month I do reps of 15,12,10. For the most part the workouts sunday/tuesday/thursdays are the same with little changes here and there.