Group: Competitive Bodybuilding & Fitness

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 21, Messages: 5367

Discuss the process of preparing for a competition on the sport of body building, fitness and more!

Join group

Routine split

lawnguy
lawnguy
United States
2004/10/02, 04:17 PM
Thanks for the help bb1. Just checked out your profile. You are an awesome specimen! Keep it up.
lawnguy
lawnguy
United States
2004/10/02, 02:16 PM
Hey guys. Hope the weekend is going well. Another question for you all. I am trying to come up with a good routine split to try out. I was thinking of a 2-day on and 1-day off thing. I used to do 5 days on and two off. My growth has stopped with this one so I wanted to try a new one. Anyway, with the 2-on/1-off split I noticed that there is too much time between the parts getting worked. It is working out like 7-8 days between each body part. I was going to have a leg day, a chest day, a shoulder/calf day, an arm day, and a back day. What is working for you all? This split simply will not work. HELP!!
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2004/10/02, 02:26 PM
Why not set your split you want to do...i.e...bodypart combos, and adjust/cycle your days off to meet the frequency you want to work those bodyparts instead of having set days off? This regimine will probably "fix" your dilema.

--------------
If you don't stand for something, you will fall for anything....

bb1fit@freetrainers.com
lawnguy
lawnguy
United States
2004/10/02, 03:40 PM
Thanks bb1fit. I was reading a post of yours that talked about how many days rest between bodyparts worked for you. I was trying to figure out how you get to those days. Do you work multiple bodyparts a day? Do you lift twice a day? I know in reading magazines that the "elite" bodybuilders advocate a morning and afternoon workout. I find that I have neither the time nor the energy for this. So can you show me a sample of your split that you are doing now? Thanks.
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2004/10/02, 03:47 PM
Ok, you are trying to lose(burn fat), so a good one would be one I just completed for example. Do these bodyparts together, move your days off to accomidate the frequency you wish to work them.

Chest/abs(every 6 days)
Shoulders/back(every 6 days)
Biceps/triceps/forearms/abs(every 5 days)
Quads/hams/calves(every 7 days)
throw in if you like(I do) cardio on your days off, and every other day off take a complete day off, or if you prefer do cardio on each to accelerate fat loss.

--------------
If you don't stand for something, you will fall for anything....

bb1fit@freetrainers.com