Group: Experienced Exercise

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 50, Messages: 19484

For intermediate and advanced individuals. Share and learn how to take your fitness to the next level!

Join group

carbs after 7:00?

durf
durf
United States
2002/05/05, 09:45 PM
I train after work and rarely get home before 6:30. I then have protein and carb shake(2 to 1 carbs to protein) with creatine and glutamine. I then have meal with protein and carbs at 8:00, and whey protein(24 grams) at bedtime. My question is, is 8:00 too late for carbs? I always thought that glycogen levels needed to be replentished with carbs after a work out. So whats up with zero carbs after 7:00?
fireloard
fireloard
United States
2002/05/05, 11:36 PM
Well what most people say about that is since people probably aren't doing too much after 8pm or probably going to sleep in a little while then those extra carbs would get stored as fat (something about spiking insulin levels).. follow the ft diet and spread your carbs out through the day (that kinda sounds wrong.. but I haven't 'cut' dieted before so maybe wait for philla).. as for post workout meals.. you could eat something simpler like fruit or so on that have some fast burning carbs or I think a shake of some sort may work.. pretty much anything that has a high glycemic index.. I don't really know anything about carb GI's (pretty much its something about how fast the carbs are converted to sugar in your body or something like that).. but I think philla said she knew about them in another post... now where's she at...
ltroisi
ltroisi
United States
2002/05/06, 05:54 AM
Durf, there are many posts on hthis subject. Try the search button above..words like
late night eating
carbs after
late night meals
The carb needed after your work out needs to be taken with in 1 hour of training to replace your muscle glycogen. So eat the carb with in one hour of training and have a protein meal at 8:30.

--------------
Take care of what you have been given......Leslie