Group: Experienced Exercise

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 50, Messages: 19484

For intermediate and advanced individuals. Share and learn how to take your fitness to the next level!

Join group

Shoulders and arms

Bigsid777
Bigsid777
United States
2002/04/10, 09:10 PM
Hey, I have made great increases with my major muscle groups (chest,back,legs), but am having troubles with size and definition in my arms. I want that look where one can see where the shoulder stops and the bicep begins. Do you have any tips?
fireloard
fireloard
United States
2002/04/10, 09:17 PM
I'm not too sure on shoulders or really thought about that area but sounds like your delts might need more work... You can try to sign up for the special wide shoulders program which should help you out.. if you are already on there and it isn't working then you can read on abcbodybuilding.com their guide to shoulder training
http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/magazine/animalshoulderfaq.htm
and THEN try their shoulder blitz..
http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/magazine/8weekanimalisticshoulderblitz.htm
Just watch out trying these programs because their just a load... there are other programs around.... if your not on the ft wide shoulder program (is there one or am i daydreaming?) then try that FIRST then those other ones.. that way you will stay balanced instead of having really well defined shoulders.. and 'all right' everything else..
rpacheco
rpacheco
United States
2002/04/10, 09:55 PM
Welcome to ft! First, you should fill out your profile and tell us more about yourself.

Next, it sounds like you need to incorporate some isolation exercises. Besides working the shoulders are Fireloard suggests, you'll need to work the triceps, biceps and forearms more.

For triceps, push and military presses will do the trick. These will add thickness to the rear portion of your arms. For biceps, concentration curls and hammer curls will add that peak to the front of your arms. For the forearms, try doing Thor's Hammer. You can find a description of this exercise using the search button. This exercise works the forearms as well as biceps. Doing these exercises will add that 3D look on your arms...it's that separation you were looking for.

Good luck!

--------------
**_Robert_**
fireloard
fireloard
United States
2002/04/10, 10:00 PM
pffft I missed that he said arms in general.. must of jumped the gun on my response... lack of sleep?... mmm 5 hours isn't enough anymore...
Bigsid777
Bigsid777
United States
2002/04/11, 12:37 PM
Thanks, for the tips. That 3d look is exactly what I was talking about, and I will make sure to keep those things for my shoulders in mind.