Group: Competitive Bodybuilding & Fitness

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 21, Messages: 5367

Discuss the process of preparing for a competition on the sport of body building, fitness and more!

Join group

hair removal

SUPERKARL
SUPERKARL
United States
2004/09/09, 01:11 AM
Ok I finally have my pecs lookin like i want them to after three and a half years training. Whats the best hair removal method to really show them off. I heard that products like nair leave rashes, and waxing hurts like a SOB. Shaving it doesnt sound like too good and idea. Any suggestions?
Pritchard
Pritchard
United Kingdom
2004/09/09, 03:41 PM
if you live in england, then you might have seen such high quality programming as dirty sanchez. it is a tale of 3 welsh men and one warped southener, and they decided to remove hair in an alternative manner, ie burn it off using a flame thrower made from a cigerette lighter and an aerosol can, it did work, tell me how you get on.

--------------
guns dont kill people, rappers do
call the police, woo woo woo.

stay dumb, you know it makes no sense.

This site is best viewed on a monitor connected to a computer.

A.D.F.
GOWAR
GOWAR
United States
2004/09/20, 04:43 AM
pritchard u are a moron.
princesslodgey
princesslodgey
United Kingdom
2004/09/20, 01:49 PM
And that's why we love him :)

============
Quoting from GOWAR:

pritchard u are a moron.
=============
hecdarec
hecdarec
United States
2004/09/20, 02:00 PM
Speak for yourself princess

--------------
You can cover up the flaws on your body, but there is no hiding a flawed personality.
davisp
davisp
United States
2004/09/20, 04:48 PM
superkarl,

Honestly I'm not sure what others use, but I've used nair before without a problem. That was a one time thing for me. I don't like shaving. I enjoy my hair on my chest! :).

I'm sure pritchard's method will leaving some scarring =P.

--------------
Seeking out motivation does not motivate you to seek out results.

- Paul

Post mark - SeptemberWW - Post mark
Pritchard
Pritchard
United Kingdom
2004/09/22, 01:20 PM
GOWAR GOHOME.

--------------

comment in my damn profile already.

A.D.F.
dfly411
dfly411
United States
2004/09/22, 01:31 PM
Why don't you just pretend that it isn't there?
Pritchard
Pritchard
United Kingdom
2004/09/22, 03:25 PM
do you mean pretend the hair isnt there?
i cant help but shave my chest now, i think i look alright with a bit of a rug, then i shave it and it looks ten times better.

--------------

comment in my damn profile already.

A.D.F.
jonnnyko
jonnnyko
United States
2004/09/30, 10:05 PM
nair works pretty good and waxing does hurt like a sob but the more and more you wax it the longer it takes for the hairs to grow back and it also thins out the hair so when it does grow back it looks lighter, hope that helps

--------------
Jonathan
*** Nothing Is Real but Pain Now ***
SUPERKARL
SUPERKARL
United States
2004/10/10, 02:16 PM
thnx jonnyko, i am gonna try the Nair out, my girlfriend said that it might leave a rash so I figured I might ask one of you guys first. Until then I guess "Ill pretend its not there" :(
anaibarra
anaibarra
United States
2004/10/14, 04:32 PM
you guys are so silly:big_smile: waxing is the best way out,
after the first 3-4 strips it stops hurting. jonnnyko is also correct about the hair growing out thinner and not so dark. this i know because i own a full service salon, and we service a couple of trainers, bodybuilders, and even male dancers.:laugh: GOOD LUCK FELLAS!! uhnayibarra@yahoo.com
bigstarjosh
bigstarjosh
United States
2004/10/27, 11:11 AM
The best thing I've found besides Nair, it left a rash on me also, is called "Kwik Off for Men". I've only found it at Duane Reade in New York. You might be able to find it on-line. It smells better than Nair, works better, takes more hair off, and does not leave a rash and it's made for Men. I like to take my hair off also. Definitely shows the cut definition and tan better. Makes the nipples more sensitive if you're into that also.

Hope this helps.

josh
neiltilley
neiltilley
United Kingdom
2004/11/05, 05:24 AM
HAIR REMOVAL CREAMS show the stubble next day. so the itch scratch cycle and rashes are more common- it becomes a near weekly 'rug watch'.
waxing may last 3 weeks plus- and thins out regrowth. It's soreish, you get used to it- it's 12 to 15 seessions a year.
in london bareneccessity and skinklinic i think do the
near to permanent laser thing so for £600 you can save
a lifetime of expense and have 2 or 3 seessions of light pain in your life... i'm thinkin of this for my old age.
If you like it bare then go for the laser it saves a lifetime...
why stop at the chest, do a combination of bikini waxing, plucking intimate parts into shape, laser the chest,laser the upper lip as a test, just see how far you will go. But the nasty bit is always regrowth, so unless it's for competition or personal vanity don't bother.
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2004/11/10, 12:50 AM
I tried many different things for contests. If you do opt for Nair, or another such product like that one from Australia, can't place the name of it right now, make sure you do a small test patch on your forearm for instance first. You may experience some unwanted problems if you don't. I have found finally that the best thing is simply shaving.

--------------
If you don't stand for something, you will fall for anything....

bb1fit@freetrainers.com
2004/11/12, 12:21 AM
I agree with BB. Ive helped out with the shaving and it seems to be the best thus far. New blade, shaving cream and cut your fingernails cause heard the comment many times: Its ITCHINNNNNNNNNNNG when it grows out. Youre also correct waxing is a SOB'ing good time. And Nair I dont think Nair works even on my legs. So shave and get to bouncing those pecs Big Un...show off that work!!! :dumbbell:

Keep A Pumpin'