Group: Competitive Bodybuilding & Fitness

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 21, Messages: 5367

Discuss the process of preparing for a competition on the sport of body building, fitness and more!

Join group

Help

brandisfashions
brandisfashions
United States
2004/09/03, 02:22 PM
I have done 2 competitions and both times the judges said i was too bulky. I have 7 months til the next one and i need to look great. What is a good eating plan i am 5'4 130 and during comps. my body fat was about 13% i do not want to take any drugs (they have been offered) i want to be natural and clean. I also was told that i need to work on my hamstring and the back side what are good exercises for the problem area.
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2004/09/05, 02:48 PM
Deadlifts will help your hammies and glutes, as will lunges and squats. Stick to compound movements and med reps.

Judging varies so much, it is hard to figure out what they really want. 13% is still al ittle high. Do you have someone helping you with your pre-comp diet? Add some cardio to lean out a little and run off some mass.

--------------
"Achieving worthwhile goals requires a consistent investment of time and effort on your part....The rewards you receive will be in direct proportion to the consistent effort you put forth."
Brian Johnston, The Power of The Champions
brandisfashions
brandisfashions
United States
2004/09/07, 03:51 PM
I have been helped with precontest diet it goes as follows
1400 cal
meal 1
1/4 cup oatmeal
2 scoops protine powder
meal 2
pole beans or other green vegies
meal 3
fish or chicked 4-8oz
vegies
meal 4
prorien shake
meal 5 fhish or chicken 4-8 oz
vegies
i stick to this for 3 weeks and do the water thing too the week of. I am trying to stay on a clean diet (one cheat day a week) for off season. i would love any information on dieting thank you
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2004/09/07, 08:28 PM
I think if you started farther out with that diet you could get leaner.
Meal 2 needs protein
and you could use a little essential fat.

Do the judges mean you aren't lean enough or that you are too muscular when they say bulky?

--------------
"Achieving worthwhile goals requires a consistent investment of time and effort on your part....The rewards you receive will be in direct proportion to the consistent effort you put forth."
Brian Johnston, The Power of The Champions