Group: Injuries & Rehabilitation

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 54, Messages: 4465

Dealing with injuries and learning how to avoid them is extremely important!

Join group

not a muscle injury but...

asallot
asallot
United States
2004/08/28, 06:26 PM
my husband is in the army and with years of running on pavement (with the wrong shoes i believe) his right knee cap is no longer where it's suppose to be. and he now has arthritis in both knees. he's damaged enough that they offered a medical discharged. he asked them to bring it down to a permanent profile (no running, jumping etc..) so he could stay in his last two years.
just found out that his back is "twisted" didnt really get an explaination for that, he needs to go to a follow up appt. what type of exercises can he do to lose wieght. cardio/wieghts i mean. what machines are low impact? he needs to lose the extra wieght and he's extremly unhappy with himself right now. about his injuries, there is nothing they can do or should i say nothing the army is willing to do for him except to kick him out and give him a % of benefits. we currently can't afford outside medical insurance. any suggestions would be greatful

--------------
\"Wife, the hardest job in the Army\"
princesslodgey
princesslodgey
United Kingdom
2004/08/28, 10:47 PM
swimming, ellipticals, cycling and rowing machines are all low impact. Walking is relatively low impact.

I would advise going easy until you get more info on what is wrong with his back as any of the above activities may not be suitable.
asallot
asallot
United States
2004/08/28, 11:07 PM
thanks for the input i'll let him know

--------------
\"Wife, the hardest job in the Army\"