Group: Eating Disorders

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 33, Messages: 1316

Find the advice that you need by sharing and learning from others experiences. You're never alone.

Join group

New Here.. suffer from Ana

HorizontalLies
HorizontalLies
United States
2004/08/26, 06:13 PM
Hi all ,im new here and im hoping i can find some support in these message boards. My name is Christine, I'm 17, I'll be 18 in november, starting college tomorrow actually as a freshman. I have suffered from a EDNOS since January but was only diagnosed in June, but i think it has become full blown Anorexia now. I also suffer from clinical depression, general anxiety disorder, and i am a self-injurer. I'm 5'3, weigh 106 pounds, and can't help but see complete and utter fat in the mirror. It's so frustrating, there's so much self-hate when i eat something... even if it's a piece of fruit!!! I weigh myself constantly, count calories, ignore hunger pains, work of consistantly... and deep inside there is a part of me that wants to get out of this but i feel like i can't. I'm not sure how i feel about recovery... some days i feel strong and confidant and want to fight this and somedays i let it take over me and i almost enjoy it.

I just wanted to find some place where i wouldnt feel so strange and alone, and im hoping this is such a place.
rpacheco
rpacheco
United States
2004/08/26, 06:41 PM
I'm sure there are quite a few members here that can relate to your particular situation. I personally wish you well and feel free to chat with us should you require support or motivation. :love:

--------------
**_Robert_**
Pain is temporary; glory is forever!

E-mail: rpacheco@freetrainers.com
yadmit
yadmit
Canada
2004/08/26, 06:59 PM
Robert is right... there are many here that can help you here and offer you advice... you've taken the second step by coming here.. the first was realizing you needed to talk to someone...

Welcome to FT...

t

--------------
Tim

I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies, for the hardest victory is over self. - Aristotle

You have the power to change a life right in your own hands. - Paul Brandt
princesslodgey
princesslodgey
United Kingdom
2004/08/27, 06:11 AM
Welcome to FT Christine.

How about starting a program of lifting weights?

I know that gaining strength can shift the focus away from worrying about what you eat and what you look like towards a more positive goal.

My relationship with food has become a lot healthier since joining FT and I know there are lots of women who have found lifting weights has helped with their self image.

good luck