Group: Injuries & Rehabilitation

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 54, Messages: 4465

Dealing with injuries and learning how to avoid them is extremely important!

Join group

Leg Pain

firechic
firechic
United States
2004/08/20, 06:16 PM
Hey everyone I really do not consider this an injury, but felt that it should be posted on this page. I started back to school the other day and I am living on campus and I am in very good shape, but I am finding that when I walk to classes I get this sharp pain in the lower part of my right leg. I only get it on the outer portion of my right calf and around my achilles. Does anyone know what this might be, and what I can do to fix it. I stress again that I am in very good shape, but someone told me that the weight of the muscle in my legs might be what is causing my pain. Can someone please help me?:(
fsdsk
fsdsk
United States
2004/08/20, 07:09 PM
My first thought is to check out your shoes - they can make a huge difference in your muscles especially if they're new.

--------------
There is no substitute for hard work
firechic
firechic
United States
2004/08/21, 03:37 PM
My shoes are just fine...it happens in every pair that I wear...I buy really good shoes, so I do not think that the shoes are the issue.
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2004/08/24, 11:55 PM
hmmmmm could be alot of things. Pain is caused by the nervious system telling your brain, hey somthings up, don't do this. IT could be a cramp, could be a vitamen defficieny, could have twisted it, cause a small tear, strained the achellies, nerved being pressed on. Who know? If it pursists, see somone.

Do you do alot or running? stuff of that nature?

--------------
if you kick a tiger in the @$$ , you then have to descide what to do with the teath end.

any guy can hold a girl by the hand, but only the select few can hold her by her feet!
firechic
firechic
United States
2004/08/25, 04:42 PM
Yes, I do. I actually run about 2 miles a day outside of my daily trecks to class. All in all I find my self running/walking anywhere from 4-8 miles in a day depending upon the times of my classes and my usual running everyday.
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2004/08/30, 12:57 PM
could have splinters in your ancles, nothing that bad, but if they interfere with you tendons and muscle syou have ot get the taking out. I'd make sure I was wearing good shoes, thick socks, maybe run more in the grass, or on a track, somthing that has more give than concrete.

--------------
if you kick a tiger in the @$$ , you then have to descide what to do with the teath end.

any guy can hold a girl by the hand, but only the select few can hold her by her feet!