Group: Under 25 Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 647, Messages: 8009

Everyone 25 years of age and under are encouraged to join this group to share common goals, stories and encouragement with their goals.

Join group

Girl's

millenia
millenia
United Kingdom
2004/08/11, 02:41 PM
Hey girls i need a new way for toning up my stomach. My stomach seems to be immmune to sit ups now. I want a tight tummy! lol :)
2004/08/11, 02:54 PM
If you're working your abs and not seeing results,it's your diet that you need to work on.

--------------
Waterskis with buffalo

Charlie
fsdsk
fsdsk
United States
2004/08/11, 05:03 PM
crunches with weights, leg lifts, twist crunches

--------------
There is no substitute for hard work
arondaballer
arondaballer
United States
2004/08/12, 10:47 PM
don't do sit ups, do crunches and other exercises. Full Sit ups make your pelvic area swell.

--------------
I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle-victorious.
--Vince Lombardi
"Decide what you want, decide what you are willing to exchange for it. Establish your priorities and go to work." H. L. Hunt

fsdsk
fsdsk
United States
2004/08/13, 05:36 AM
But I love it when my pelvic area swells (couldn't resist - sorry)
arondaballer
arondaballer
United States
2004/08/13, 12:58 PM
me too I do situps every day just for that :big_smile:

--------------
I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle-victorious.
--Vince Lombardi
"Decide what you want, decide what you are willing to exchange for it. Establish your priorities and go to work." H. L. Hunt

ferdy1985
ferdy1985
United Kingdom
2004/08/13, 02:15 PM
The key with abs is to remove the layer of fat covering the abdominal muscles - if you don't remove that you can't see much result - so the answer really is diet control and workouts.

Diet control though won't specifically target that abdominal area so diet alone will not do much good.

When you do abdominal exercises, try to work different areas of your abs, because most exercises will only exercise certain ab areas - lower abs, upper abs, and obliques are all exercised with various different exercises so don't just do 200 situps a day because you will leave out your obliques to a certain extent for example.

Check out any information you can get about different ab exercises for each area of the body - don't be excessive, technique is more important, and remember to leave a day out for your ab muscles to repair themselves!

Also, using weights with the ab exercises increases the intensity of the exercise, but is harder.

Hope this helps!
davisp
davisp
United States
2004/08/13, 08:02 PM
lol, not one female post.

--------------
Seeking out motivation does not motivate you to seek out results.

- Paul

Post mark - PaulsMark - Post mark
arondaballer
arondaballer
United States
2004/08/14, 10:34 PM
ha I didn't even notice

--------------
--Vince Lombardi

millenia
millenia
United Kingdom
2004/08/16, 06:12 AM
thats a bit scary that no girls replied to my answer...mm...well thanks guys! :big_smile:
uluvjenglen
uluvjenglen
United States
2004/08/17, 01:25 PM
Well, Millenia. All i know is that the reason you probably can see the muscle is because there is a layer covering it. I was told a whiel ago that the only way to "tone" is by removing the layer of fat, which the only thing that will remove it is cardio.. you can do sit ups all day long 200 300 400 as many as you want but the only thing that will remove that layer is cardio and lifting. also, doing 200 sit ups does really matter because at about 40 your technique fails and you arent really even doing it the right way anyways. I would stick to what ferdy said... do various movements.. and remember when sitting down sit up straight and suck in.. alwyas a way to keep your abs working all day long.. suck in all the time (dont hold your breath just hold your abs in lol... AND THERE IS YOUR FEMALE RESPONSE!
davisp
davisp
United States
2004/08/17, 05:56 PM
uluvjenglen and Millenia,

Cardio does not remove fat. All this does is burn calories you have taken into your system throughout the day. Too much cardio can cause your body to go into survival mode, "eating" your muscle tissues, and slowing down your metabolic rate. Muscle burns calories 24/7 by increasing your metabolic rate. More muscle, faster metabolism. Best thing for you millenia is to build muscle and keep your calories near your maintenance, maybe even a little less. Eat 6 times a day and do cardio opposite of your gym training. For abs, I would suggest doing the FT program using weights (i.e. weighted crunches, weighted leg lifts..etc). Just remember not to overtrain. Work hard while in the gym but take plenty of rest. Adjust your diet based off your results. If you find you are gaining weight and losing muscle (getting weaker), then increase your calories. If you are gaining fat and gaining muscle then lower your calories. You can also let yourself gain the fat and muscle until you reach your maintenance and then lower your calories. With more muscle you will find yourself leaner much faster. Good luck!

--------------
Seeking out motivation does not motivate you to seek out results.

- Paul

Post mark - PaulsMark - Post mark