Group: Health & Fitness over 40

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 206, Messages: 2480

Group dedicated to men and women over the age of 40 that care about their health and want to take the fitness and nutrition down the right path.

Join group

no gain- flabby chest advice

neiltilley
neiltilley
United Kingdom
2004/07/26, 03:40 AM
i've started getting a better control on my workout schedule and decided that because i've stuck the same body weight for 3 months roughly. and it seems the only answer to thin down is eat less, again!!! i thought the new me should be a change to strength and mass development without putting on any or too much fat. so thats my next 3 months.

my question is my chest(age related too) is soft and flabby and although my dumbell presses/flyes ect have had progressive gains to weight i fling about- my barbell press and machine press is the same as it was 8 months back.
my resolve is to sling creatine down my throat and go for it in the gym with a renewed aggression. But how will i get my bench press weight up- i can never seem to get an extra rep even???

could i do 4 sets instead of three- is that increasing resistance? or drop sets? or....

suggestions please as i tried a fitbuddy search and didn't find much about dirty tricks on the body that help a little progress?
thanks in advance