Group: Strength & Powerlifting

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 39, Messages: 16459

Discuss the topic of Power lifting, Strength training and Strong Man training!

Join group

Shuttle Systems.....?

arondaballer
arondaballer
United States
2004/07/25, 04:21 PM
Has anyone checked out Shuttle Systems? It's a workout device that looks similar to a total gym to me, but I have been looking at them and many NBA teams and college teams have them in their workout facilities. They supposedly help your overall body strength without putting much stress on the joints. Many athletes have supposedly benefitted from it in explosiveness, but it can also be used for rehabilitation.

--------------
I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle-victorious.
--Vince Lombardi
"Decide what you want, decide what you are willing to exchange for it. Establish your priorities and go to work." H. L. Hunt

ursusarktos
ursusarktos
Canada
2004/07/25, 11:56 PM
Got a link? Is this the system utilizing latex tubes that was developed so astronauts could do resistance training in 0 gravity?
arondaballer
arondaballer
United States
2004/07/26, 11:15 PM
http://www.shuttlesystems.com

--------------
I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle-victorious.
--Vince Lombardi
"Decide what you want, decide what you are willing to exchange for it. Establish your priorities and go to work." H. L. Hunt

ursusarktos
ursusarktos
Canada
2004/07/27, 12:05 AM
This type of equipment can be beneficial for explosiveness training when used in conjunction with conventional weights for strength training. It is a safer way of doing faster, more explosive jump training movements than say jump squats, however it won't effectly replace using weights for basic strength development. In other words, it has its place but it isn't the answer in and of itself.
arondaballer
arondaballer
United States
2004/07/27, 01:19 PM
oh ok thanks

--------------
--Vince Lombardi