Group: Experienced Exercise

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 50, Messages: 19484

For intermediate and advanced individuals. Share and learn how to take your fitness to the next level!

Join group

Question!! Answers greatly appreciated..

kschoenewald
kschoenewald
United States
2001/10/17, 11:04 PM
Hi. I have been utilizing freetrainers.com, their programs as well as some programs from muscle and fitness. I am achieving results (it seems like forever) but I am concerned about how many times a week to work my body parts.
I guess I am curious about the structure of my program. I would like to work most of my upper body and lower body at least 2 times a week so is it ok to only work chest and back once a week? Also is there any supplements that can enhance performance. I do not want to get big, just toned. I am starting to get cut but I would like to see if there is anything to enhance this process.
ken30307
ken30307
United States
2001/10/18, 10:25 PM
How does that go....if it ain't broke..don't fix it. If you have been makeing good progress and starting to get cut...the LAST thing you should do is tamper with your success. I say wait until you AREN'T seeing progress and then make small changes in your program.

But to answer your question, working out a body part once a week is great..remember our muscles grow when you aren't working them out. Rest is important.

About supplements...the best one is clean eating...but if you want to add a prot. shake within 1 hour of your workout..that would be great..I've had good results with creatine too..but congrats on your progess! Keep up the good work!

-ken
dc95318
dc95318
United States
2001/10/20, 04:55 PM
if you have unwanted fat to disappear, check out fat burners, other wise i would say to stick to lean protien. as for working chest and back once a week, i think that sounds perfect. those, along with your legs, are so large that they need lots of time to recover. good luck!
ken30307
ken30307
United States
2001/10/21, 07:33 AM
I've actually heard the opposite about legs...that there is so much muscle fiber..that it's harder to overtrain them..but I think dc is right...less can be more!